Ernie Ball - Match the Master Contest

• Thread starter Webmaestro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Only got # 7 up last night. It was more difficult to nail than I thought! 9 is figured out though, just gotta record it. It's pretty tough too with all these upstrokes he's doing back to back.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Alright guys, I finished them off and got all 10 up on my page. Really appreciate you guys taking the time to view them! Let me know if you had any questions. For all of them I used my RG752 with Dimarzios - ISP Decimator II - EVH5153 1x12 combo - Flashback Delay (in loop for lead riffs) - Nikon D5300 Camera (for audio and video capture).

Match the Master | Eric Mohring

HeavyMetal4Ever

Reaction score
640x360.jpg

Is it just me or does that look a lot like Dave Grohl?

Hmm. The implications...has anyone ever seen them both at the same time? Could it be...? :eek:

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Alright so I have no idea what I'm supposed to share, my Match The Master page or the YouTube videos. Here's both?

Match the Master | Axe427

I did all 10, so feel free to watch all of them :D

Edit:

Guess it's just the Match the Master page

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Nice work man!
Btw, which one did you think was the hardest?

#6, Moment of Betrayal, was f*cking brutal on me. I still hate even thinking about it. Funny thing is, the tempo that JP plays it on the MtM video isn't even close to album speed. I wouldn't be able to do it at album speed, lol, so I just did it around the same speed as JP's video.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Btw, which one did you think was the hardest?

#6, Moment of Betrayal, was f*cking brutal on me. I still hate even thinking about it. Funny thing is, the tempo that JP plays it on the MtM video isn't even close to album speed. I wouldn't be able to do it at album speed, lol, so I just did it around the same speed as JP's video.

Yeah 6 had some difficulty to it for sure and I'm still not 100% happy with my take. Funnily enough the alt picked arpeggios in 7 gave me a little trouble because I'm so used to sweeping vs. alt picking arpeggios! :lol: And a lot of my problem was when recording I'd fudge like one note in different spots and was never satisfied with my takes!

I'll tell you one thing though, # 1 was be far the easiest!

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
I'm actually used to alt picking stuff across multiple strings because of learning JP songs like Glasgow Kiss. I spent an entire year on that song, haha. Although I actually cheated on 7 with the last arpeggio because I swept it. :p I'm sure he'll notice if he ever sees it.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
So it looks like he's picking the winners in order of the songs, so next week will be song #3. I'm gonna redo mine before that. Not entirely happy with my take.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
So it looks like he's picking the winners in order of the songs, so next week will be song #3. I'm gonna redo mine before that. Not entirely happy with my take.

It does seem that way doesn't it? They also changed the rules and it's no longer top 10 he's looking at but top 25. I probably need to redo a couple of mine too. Not sure if I'll be able to get around to it though.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I have no chance in winning the video thing so I signed up for the email sub list sweepstakes.

Worst case scenario is I have emails that automatically route to my 'promotions' tab in gmail. Best case scenario is an amazing pedalboard haha.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Oooh man, I won the third weekly prize! Pretty exciting. Still aiming for that grand prize though.. :hbang:

')