ernie ball music man vs jackson

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so i recently sold a prs usa custom 24 piezo, and i want to get a made in america or made in japan guitar by jackson or musicman, budget shouldnt really a be a problem right now.
for music man i thought about either the majesty or jp15.
for jackson i thought about the phill collen signature model or chris broderick signature soloist, or a soloist or a dinky or a kelly.
would like to hear from others expirience mainly about playabillity, and neck feel, and how the guitar sits on the leg (i got no problems with a kelly on my leg, so i guess it aint gonna be an issue with all guitars)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like if you aren't sure between two really different guitars you should just try both, because all the online comments in the world aren't going to figure out what you really want if you can't either.

Budget doesn't seem to be a concern, so buy both and sell the one you like least, or do the more fun thing and keep both.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Tbh I don't think I've ever been interested in anything ebmm makes. Petruccis Ibanez RGs were way cooler. All of their designs are just meh. I'd rather have a KV or RR or Kelly or Soloist or Dinky over any Ernie Ball.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel like if you aren't sure between two really different guitars you should just try both, because all the online comments in the world aren't going to figure out what you really want if you can't either.

Budget doesn't seem to be a concern, so buy both and sell the one you like least, or do the more fun thing and keep both.
the issue is there aint any high end jackson in my country, the only ones i tried were jackson Pro Series King V – 3 Tone SunBurst, and pro plus series soloist sl3, and theres currently no jp15 in my country, only majesties, but ordering a jp15 from the retailers here costs as much as the jp15

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tbh I don't think I've ever been interested in anything ebmm makes. Petruccis Ibanez RGs were way cooler. All of their designs are just meh. I'd rather have a KV or RR or Kelly or Soloist or Dinky over any Ernie Ball.
honestly i like the looks of the jp15 over his ibanez rgs, i really llike the music man finishes and got no issues with their shapes or headstocks, the jackson headstock is kinda my favorite headstock tho

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'd go for a USA Jackson. Nothing looks classier than a black RR1 with those little gold pinstripes on the bevels.
IMG_20240807_094441.jpg

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@shalev98732 One thing that you seem to not take into concideration is the neck shape and thickness and fretboard radius. The guitars you mentioned are all over the place. PRS is like 10-11",JP is 17(i swear there was one JP model with 20"), Jackson is usually compound 12-16. Maybe you should concider ESP, which are like (better haha) Jackson with flat 12 radius will be closest to PRS.

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@shalev98732 One thing that you seem to not take into concideration is the neck shape and thickness and fretboard radius. The guitars you mentioned are all over the place. PRS is like 10-11",JP is 17(i swear there was one JP model with 20"), Jackson is usually compound 12-16. Maybe you should concider ESP, which are like (better haha) Jackson with flat 12 radius will be closest to PRS.
i mean i have expirience with all necks you mentioned, jackson, esp thin u, ibanez (which i heard the jp is close to but a bit rounder)

Latest posts

')