ESP 2011

• Thread starter Necromechanical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cronux

Reaction score
:lol: I know. A seven EX would be amazing.

yes it would :shred:

ex7behemoth.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
wow the new LTD 200 Kamikaze with >matching headstock< is really really interesting for the estimated ltd 200 price tag. it could be mine

afflictive

Reaction score
These new models doesn't cut it (for me at least). That H sevenstring has the ugliest LTD/ESP headstock ever. Release a MH-1007, then we're talking. Nothing would be better.

Murmel

Reaction score
The Hs look almost exactly like Schecter 7s.
Don't know if you've seen the Japanese Schecters and then compared them to Japanese ESPs. A lot of models are very similar. Schecter are generally not as metal as the ESP ones though.
I believe they are owned by the same dude, which would explain a lot.

Nimgoble

Wound tight
Reaction score
^ seconded the LTD 1000s are awesome, I have a MH1000 FR and it kicks ass.

I like the look of the H1007's but I don't understand why they are keeping with that headstock, I don'think I know anyone who prefers it over the cockstock?

Agreed. I have the NT version and I'm rather fond of it.

Also, I rather dislike the cockstock. Never sat well with me.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
It's strange that they didn't put a tremolo on a Slayer guitar when you hear the strong abuse that Jeff and Kerry do. It must a be a serious deal breaker for the fans.

It would have probably broken up the graphics too much. I don't even like Slayer and I think that guitar is fucking cool, I'd buy one.

tseamsd

Reaction score
The sc-208 could be my first 8 string, how many people even tune down an 8 to warrant baritone scale? I can only think of meshuggah, and even then a half step down doesn't require a baritone scale length.

its probably going to be mine as well.

jl-austin

Reaction score
wow the new LTD 200 Kamikaze with >matching headstock< is really really interesting for the estimated ltd 200 price tag. it could be mine

That was one of the guitars that caught my eye also. I will have to see the specs before I buy, but it might be a cool guitar, "just to have".

Just about all of those where new models, I am curious if there are any new colors on the old models (LTD, I know ESP's come in black, and every now and then white).

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not overly impressed with ESP's offerings so far either. I really don't care for the H headstock. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks if there is anything else up there sleeve that they're saving.

Cool that the Devildriver boys got some sigs though. :metal:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The sc-208 could be my first 8 string, how many people even tune down an 8 to warrant baritone scale? I can only think of meshuggah, and even then a half step down doesn't require a baritone scale length.

Standard scale for an 8 should be 27". Consider the fact that you're playing with a ~.74 F#. That's going to sound awfully muddy on a 25.5" scale. I mean, it's cool that they're offering an affordable 8, but if it's a signature, at least make it the same general specs. It's not like the scale length makes a giant difference in materials used, unless you're getting like a 36" scale bass.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Standard scale for an 8 should be 27". Consider the fact that you're playing with a ~.74 F#. That's going to sound awfully muddy on a 25.5" scale. I mean, it's cool that they're offering an affordable 8, but if it's a signature, at least make it the same general specs. It's not like the scale length makes a giant difference in materials used, unless you're getting like a 36" scale bass.

I was seriously interested in it 'til I saw that it said "standard scale", and that was a write-off for me.

It would be sick to have a guitar tuned B-a, but for my only 8 string, I'd be tuning it down, and 25.5" wouldn't be enough.

On an unrelated note, those new ECs are :yum:

FretWizard88

Reaction score
I am really enjoying the fact that there are no more horrendous bindings going around the entire guitar. That is the only thing that ever kept me from buying a 1000 series.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
If only esp understood how happy theyd make fans by bringing back the cock stock.

There's something about that slayer sig i cant help but love. ebony too? nice

[edit] guess the pic lied to me. no ebony

')