ESP 2011

• Thread starter Necromechanical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zeromancer

Reaction score
Very, very dissapointed with the this lineup. Expected something better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
If only esp understood how happy theyd make fans by bringing back the cock stock.

There's something about that slayer sig i cant help but love. ebony too? nice

[edit] guess the pic lied to me. no ebony

agreed about the cock stock. i have a h207 and love it. the old stocks looked so much better

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Very disappointed in ESP/LTD this year...
Was SO hoping for the EC 7s.

The only thing I saw worth buying was the new ECs with 22 frets =)

iddqd

Reaction score
Where's the big difference of the MH 1007 and the MH-417?
Woodquality?

afflictive

Reaction score
You mean the H-1007? Not that much. Upgraded tuners and some other hardware upgrades? More taken "care of" i pressume :)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I was seriously interested in it 'til I saw that it said "standard scale", and that was a write-off for me.

It would be sick to have a guitar tuned B-a, but for my only 8 string, I'd be tuning it down, and 25.5" wouldn't be enough.

On an unrelated note, those new ECs are :yum:

Sent them an email about it. Let's hope it's a 27".

lookralphsbak

Reaction score
Sent them an email about it. Let's hope it's a 27".
I usually just call ESP if I have a question. They should be there right now, I usually type in the extension for the first name I hear and if it goes to voicemail I redial and type the second and so on and so forth until someone picks up their phone haha.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
The website is being updated tonight with all the new models.

The Devil Driver Eclipse is the thicker body and it's 25.5 scale :yesway:

jl-austin

Reaction score
Well, not everyone liked the "cockstock" me personally I couldn't stand it.

The "H" headstock, seems like a nitpick thing to me, 3/4 vs 4/3, is it really that big of a deal?

lookralphsbak

Reaction score
Well, not everyone liked the "cockstock" me personally I couldn't stand it.

The "H" headstock, seems like a nitpick thing to me, 3/4 vs 4/3, is it really that big of a deal?
Yea I'm not a fan of the "cockstock"; I'll assume it's the one where all the tuners are on 1 side of the headstock?

I prefer a headstock similar to the one they have now, although the one they have may be too "extreme" for my taste, I prefer the EC/Eclipse headstock for instance...

You're right though, the 3/4, 4/3 thing is a bit nit picky but I'm sure ESP did that so they didn't come off as having the exact same guitar as Schecter haha. I already own a Schecter Hellraiser so I don't need anymore of the Strat style guitars for a while... I want a Les Paul shaped 7 string guitar so I'll be first in line the day ESP makes an LTD Deluxe EC-1007 or ESP Eclipse-7... Although I'm not a big fan of the Eclipse not having 24 frets; in fact I never really understood why they would make the ESP model with 22 and the LTD models with 24.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Yea I'm not a fan of the "cockstock"; I'll assume it's the one where all the tuners are on 1 side of the headstock?

Cockstock:

ESP+horizon+III+pic1.JPG

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It be nice if there were more non-signature ESPs, opposed to a butt load of LTDs.

Also, I think the "Cockstock" on anything but HIIIs looks fucking horrendous. Like not even "meh" or "not the best", but GAS-killingly bad.

snowblind56

Reaction score
It be nice if there were more non-signature ESPs, opposed to a butt load of LTDs.

Also, I think the "Cockstock" on anything but HIIIs looks fucking horrendous. Like not even "meh" or "not the best", but GAS-killingly bad.

What I find to be GAS-killingly bad is ESP's over-use of abalone on the 1000 series guitars. I think it is absolutely tacky and makes the guitar look cheap. It would be alright if they left it for fretboard inlay, but abalone body, neck, and headstcok binding is major overkill.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
The "cock"stock is the one from the old Het EXPs. On the Lynch model it looks like an erect penis. The old H headstock is a "dog penis" headstock.

Latest posts

')