ESP 2011

• Thread starter Necromechanical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaunheiser

Reaction score
Little disappointed to not see a Buz McGrath signature... it may be too early, he was just announced to ESP like not even 2 weeks ago. Maybe something will come down later on in the year? Or would we have to wait until 2012?

Knossos

Tone Douche
Reaction score
JEEEENSEEEEN

Yeah, it's just the guitar Jensen uses/used when I saw the Haunted but with a distortion bridge.

Still, looks pretty sweet. Good to see a 7string 1000 series too.

t_phong

Reaction score
yeah, i'm disappointed with that LTD headstock too :(

ImpendingDoom

Reaction score
SOOO glad they're releasing the H series again. The 307 is such a solid seven string (minus the hz's) I'm not a fan of the new headstocks though, rather bulky. I love the teardrop headstocks. I guess they're cutting funds at the ltd/schecter factory...haha. All in all, I really hope these compare to the old h models.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
SOOO glad they're releasing the H series again. The 307 is such a solid seven string (minus the hz's) I'm not a fan of the new headstocks though, rather bulky. I love the teardrop headstocks. I guess they're cutting funds at the ltd/schecter factory...haha. All in all, I really hope these compare to the old h models.

I'd just buy an old one and be done with it.

maximummetal288

Reaction score
Just took a look at the ESP catalog and it looks like the Viper-417 is gone now. I'm not a fan of the viper (at least not in that color) but it figures that ESP would introduce two new 7's then get rid of one.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great to see that ESP is bringing some of their great MIJ 7-strings to the US market............ oh wait. :lol:

Come on ESP:
m7_tim_.jpg

hrz-fr7_bk.jpg

We want some high quality 7s, not the scraps.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Nothing to give me GAS, which is a good thing since I don't need to be spending money, hah.

It would be nice if there was some color choices on a few models other then Black, especially the SRC's. They are all just stuck being black now when they used to have a few choices. Bring back a white one atleast.

blister7321

Reaction score
the ones with the F series headstock are prototypes
and i will be trying my damnedest to get one with a floyd

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score

I'd just buy an old one and be done with it.

I agree with both of you on this aspect... I was considering the new H-7, but I'm still gonna go with the older H207 not only for the brighter, raspier tone of the bolt-on neck, but also for the old-school H teardrop headstock. And now that I have a Dremel, making a new hole, swapping a tuner to the other side of the head and filling the old hole will be easy enough to do. I love the fact that they finally did the tuners with a 4 top/3 bottom configuration, but am so against the F shaped head on these...:noplease::wallbash::nono::rolleyes::noway:. And with what else I have in mind for the H207 once it's obtained, I think it'll be way sicker than the new H-1007 anyway.

This needs a reversed headstock and it'd be golden.:metal:
Then they should just make a new M series 7-string... I don't like the revo'd head on anything BUT the M-series. Just me, but it don't look good on an H body revo'd...

the ones with the F series headstock are prototypes
and i will be trying my damnedest to get one with a floyd

Not from what I've been seeing and hearing... Unless they decide last minute to make it with the original teardrop style headstock, I think what were all seeing is what it's gonna be.

And from what I've seen, the Floyd equipped one is about $950, while the tune-o-matic/string-thru is about $750. Not bad, not bad at all for thier new high-end LTD 7's...:shred::hbang:

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Are the 401-series LTDs still Korean or are they indo now, too?

I believe that the 400 series is Indo, unless they decided to change that over the last few years... The SC-207 I got brand new in Jan '10 was a Chinese, and I love it just the same as if it were a Korean-made.

')