ESP 2017 Previews

• Thread starter JD27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

starkill

Reaction score
well theres always ishibashi.
http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/e/select.php?cd=20-316805510

sub_20-3168055101_l.jpg
F*CK ME! HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
I want this particular guitar. I'm dead. I'm gonna order this thing.
Can I order from Ishibashi to Germany with no hesitation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
F*CK ME! HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Here it is on eBay if that helps. I had remembered seeing it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-ESP-AR...575994?hash=item2cb85ba9ba:g:06gAAOSw-0xYPAOq

I've never ordered through Ishibashi directly. I checked their Reverb page but I don't that one listed (they have an andromeda one). You could contact them and ask them if they'd list on their Reverb.

EDIT: Sorry. Here's their Reverb - https://reverb.com/shop/ishibashis-shop According to the guy (that sold me one of my Original series guitars), he said that you can buy from Ishibashi Box directly (no third party required). Probably just need to send them an email.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score

you can order from Ishibashi from Germany no problem im pretty sure. They have a pretty extensive article somewhere in that page that i sent you explaining how to order and such. Also if you have any questions just email them they are top notch people.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Man Starkill's excitement has me super excited. I really hope he gets it cause I want more picks of it. :lol::lol::lol: That's easily the most beautiful V I've seen.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Never buy a guitar from Japan on ebay. They're just random people flipping guitar stock they don't even own -- you always find it a good 15-30% cheaper on the actual dealer pages and there's very few that won't deal internationally these days.

EDIT: case in point:

http://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop1484/DS03627236/

~ $2300 USD vs. $3300 on ebay

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Never buy a guitar from Japan on ebay. They're just random people flipping guitar stock they don't even own -- you always find it a good 15-30% cheaper on the actual dealer pages and there's very few that won't deal internationally these days.

I do it all the time with no issues. I think that as long as the seller has good feedback, it's fine. All about doing your homework in my opinion. As with anything else.

narad

Reaction score
I do it all the time with no issues. I think that as long as the seller has good feedback, it's fine. All about doing your homework in my opinion. As with anything else.

Oh, I'm sure you'll get your guitar and everything. You'll just pay way more than necessary.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure you'll get your guitar and everything. You'll just pay way more than necessary.

Not in my experience. In the listing, it says tax and shipping are not included. I'd be curious to know what the price is after all of that. I've inquired directly to dealers before and a guitar that was listed as $1800 quickly got up to $2500 with taxes + shipping + customs. So, all in all maybe a $100 - $200 difference from an eBay price, which, to me, is not that much of a headache.

But like I said, just my experiences, which have overall been very positive for me and my wallet. Maybe I'm just lucky though. My only point was to do your research first and then make the decision you're most comfortable with. It also helps that the language barrier is not as much of an issue for me though.

narad

Reaction score
Not in my experience. In the listing, it says tax and shipping are not included. I'd be curious to know what the price is after all of that. I've inquired directly to dealers before and a guitar that was listed as $1800 quickly got up to $2500 with taxes + shipping + customs. So, all in all maybe a $100 - $200 difference from an eBay price, which, to me, is not that much of a headache.

But like I said, just my experiences, which have overall been very positive for me and my wallet. Maybe I'm just lucky though. My only point was to do your research first and then make the decision you're most comfortable with. It also helps that the language barrier is not as much of an issue for me though.

You pay customs either way. I mean, when you buy from these ebay middle men, you're paying a guy to go to the guitar store, buy the guitar, go home, pack the guitar, ship it to you, and make a profit that's entirely in addition to the profit the guitar store makes.

I'm just personally very annoyed at these guys as they ruin the great used deals on guitars that you can get in Japan, and there's so many of them that my ebay saved search is always half over-priced guitars from Japan. So the number of listings that are guys doing this vs. the number of listings of actually dealers selling their own wares is overwhelming.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
You pay customs either way. I mean, when you buy from these ebay middle men, you're paying a guy to go to the guitar store, buy the guitar, go home, pack the guitar, ship it to you, and make a profit that's entirely in addition to the profit the guitar store makes.

I'm just personally very annoyed at these guys as they ruin the great used deals on guitars that you can get in Japan, and there's so many of them that my ebay saved search is always half over-priced guitars from Japan. So the number of listings that are guys doing this vs. the number of listings of actually dealers selling their own wares is overwhelming.

Yeah I get where you're coming with the amount of sellers on eBay trying to scalp the same guitar. There's a Koa Horizon CTM thats being sold on Yahoo Auc for about $1500. On eBay it's $3000. Bad deal. Many of those eBay sellers, you can find the thing they're scalping on Digimart, Yahoo Auc, or Ishibashi. I've heard that if you don't want to go through eBay or can't deal with dealer directly, that Japonica Market is great to deal with. Though, I've never personally used their service.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Do pix of their NAMM show guitars ever leak in advance?

Video went up today of the 2017 Exhibition Limited stuff.

Speaking of which, I'm really rooting for the USA stuff and it's direction. Just posted this in the GAS thread, but hot damn, looking fly.
15877012_1612442665731301_1773913435612905472_n.jpg

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Video went up today of the 2017 Exhibition Limited stuff.

Speaking of which, I'm really rooting for the USA stuff and it's direction. Just posted this in the GAS thread, but hot damn, looking fly.
15877012_1612442665731301_1773913435612905472_n.jpg

Will you buy one for the good of all of us in the ESP Owners Club?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I'm going to find a way to make a TE mine, only thing left to decide is what color.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So did anyone else notice there are no E-LPs in that Edwards catalog? I can't believe they would have dropped that line...

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Will you buy one for the good of all of us in the ESP Owners Club?

Let's see how my work related discussions go this week. I wouldn't be making the purchase any time soon, but let's just say I've spent too much time looking at the USA builds to not be thinking about it.

So did anyone else notice there are no E-LPs in that Edwards catalog? I can't believe they would have dropped that line...

I can't imagine that they would drop the line. That'd be nuts. That's a go to shape across all brands.

')