ESP 2017 Previews

• Thread starter JD27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Posting this because it's related to the topic. It's one of those merchandise-based collaborations from ESP Japan, this time it's for a new anime called BanG Dream!

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/press/20170203.html

ESP-RANDOM-STAR-Kasumi-LED.jpg

ESP-SNAPPER-Tae.jpg

ESP-VIPER-BASS-Rimi.jpg

I really like the LED-equipped Star guitar here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been covered - I did try to read over most of the thread, but does anyone know if ESP are slowly phasing out the Viper line?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been covered - I did try to read over most of the thread, but does anyone know if ESP are slowly phasing out the Viper line?

The Viper line is alive and well in Japan. They just don't love us as much elsewhere.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
The Viper line is alive and well in Japan. They just don't love us as much elsewhere.

Thats what I figured, I mean on the LTD site they even removed the 256(?) Indo made ones that I thought were actually kinda cool looking.

Oh well Ishibashi and assorted other Japanese outlets it is. Thanks JD.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Thats what I figured, I mean on the LTD site they even removed the 256(?) Indo made ones that I thought were actually kinda cool looking.

Oh well Ishibashi and assorted other Japanese outlets it is. Thanks JD.

Yup you can find them in bolt-on or neck thru variety in Japan. Even some with Floyds. I find it funny last year when they said they listened to the pleas for a Viper, but then turn around and made it a baritone scale for the E-II line. It's cool I guess, but I don't need another baritone and I doubt most people would prefer that over a standard scale Viper either.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Apparently you just have to get a run together.
Any takers on a 25.5" scale Viper FR?? :lol:

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Ah I want it in all its clone SG glory :lol: the main reason being the bodies tend to be thicker I'm cool with 24.75" :tomato:

But yeah thats kinda odd of ESP to pull another baritone over a standard.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Vipers for some reason can be found pretty cheap used. I'm contemplating getting a second one someday just to have the urban camo to go with my "regular" camo one. My viper is my Eb thrash guitar and has been for a few years now. I'll add a few pics soon to the appropriate subject since I have pics of a NGD to make this week end.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Yeah - used is actually my preference as I sorta went hippy-eco friendly and am trying only buy used stuff bar strings and cables. I was just hoping that in a year or so I might be able to snag a used 2017 model if there were any good ones :D

And its nice to look at stuff I will never buy :lol:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Yeah - used is actually my preference as I sorta went hippy-eco friendly and am trying only buy used stuff bar strings and cables. I was just hoping that in a year or so I might be able to snag a used 2017 model if there were any good ones :D

And its nice to look at stuff I will never buy :lol:

Good move, particularly with mahogany guitars. There's been a bunch on GC used though, pretty cheap too.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Good move, particularly with mahogany guitars. There's been a bunch on GC used though, pretty cheap too.

Yeah, that doesn't work so well when you live in Europe and are trying to move back to NZ (6months, its a saga), but I will bare it in mind. TBH my next purchase really should be a giging amp - its VERY hard to find a used Orange in NZ though :(

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Wow... I always knew Garth had great taste.

Here it is! ESP Original Series M-7 DX in Titan Metal finish!

Why not, ESP????

Attachments

• M7DXTitanMetalP.png
    M7DXTitanMetalP.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 111

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Whoa, original series like they're making a bunch of these?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
No. Like I wish they would freakin make for about 15 years already...

Here's a plain black.
I just assembled it using ESP photos. Body of the Original Series MII DX. Bridge, neck and headstock from the BUZ7 (with moved inlays and tuner buttons changed to Gotoh style). Pickguard and knobs from the AW7. Pickups from some SD stock pics on the net.

Attachments

• M7DXPBlack.png
    M7DXPBlack.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 74

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ah so that was a photoshop? Man, that would be just about perfect.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah. Just a 7 string MII DX or CTM is all I freakin ask for. Original Series, Standard Series even a freakin LTD I don't care! They have made a few of them already as crazy ass fancy one of a kind exhibition guitars for NAMM so I know it can be done they just won't for some reason.

')