ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rotatous

Reaction score
You mean the only new E-II? Because there are three others available now.

https://www.espguitars.com/products?categories=m-series-guitars
Yes, just talking referring to new E-II 7s for 2021.

I think I'd be more into a "Granite Metallic" finish than the sparkle one they have going on. I sorta hope its darker in person, like these two:

135852121_10224156740607656_3347735461610217063_n.jpg

136358317_10224156746727809_1282863231737301751_n.jpg

Not sure where these came from exactly, spotted them on a FB group, but people have been wanting some 6 string reverse HS Horizons for a while. Id be surprised if they didn't also do the 7 string versions with these colors.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I dig that the Horizons are getting satin neck finishes. It’s cool to see the US Eclipse has a Floyd, though I wish the Horizon got one too.
Is semi-hollow this requested?
Surprised EIIs aren’t getting SS frets.
But glad to see more people settling in to the EX.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
For the EX specifically, I think getting rid of it for a few years was a good call as it made it a bit more rare and gave the market some time grow and appreciate it for what it is versus comparing it straight to an explorer (bigger/rounder shape, banana headstock vs. sharp and knife headstock).

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
For the EX specifically, I think getting rid of it for a few years was a good call as it made it a bit more rare and gave the market some time grow and appreciate it for what it is versus comparing it straight to an explorer (bigger/rounder shape, banana headstock vs. sharp and knife headstock).

Hoping this means the next time they bring back the NV, it actually sells. :lol:

Trashgreen

Reaction score
I like the two new color additions for the Full thickness Eclipses, waaay better then their first attempt IMO. Hope they will have see thru finish on the back as well..

This doesn't look ecaxtly like I would think tobacco sunburst would look like but it looks great none the less!!

original.png

Rotatous

Reaction score

I've always had a soft spot for the the EX shape. The angles and lines are done way better than most of the other explorer-style guitars IMO. A fantasy guitar of mine would be a custom EX 7 string (with the knife edge headstock not that FX one).

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like the two new color additions for the Full thickness Eclipses, waaay better then their first attempt IMO. Hope they will have see thru finish on the back as well..

This doesn't look ecaxtly like I would think tobacco sunburst would look like but it looks great none the less!!

original.png

I wonder if it's all the black hardware/plastic that's making it look "off?"

Zhysick

Reaction score
Call

I've always had a soft spot for the the EX shape. The angles and lines are done way better than most of the other explorer-style guitars IMO. A fantasy guitar of mine would be a custom EX 7 string (with the knife edge headstock not that FX one).

And the bevels. In this guitar the bevels not only look great but are very comfortable! Aesthetics AND functionality. Win-win!

I wonder if it's all the black hardware/plastic that's making it look "off?"

I actually like this one because of the black hardware, it look less... bright? A bit diffent, a bit darker... I like it. Seems modern

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, just talking referring to new E-II 7s for 2021.

I think I'd be more into a "Granite Metallic" finish than the sparkle one they have going on. I sorta hope its darker in person, like these two:

135852121_10224156740607656_3347735461610217063_n.jpg

136358317_10224156746727809_1282863231737301751_n.jpg

Not sure where these came from exactly, spotted them on a FB group, but people have been wanting some 6 string reverse HS Horizons for a while. Id be surprised if they didn't also do the 7 string versions with these colors.

Now these are some guitars i would absolutely buy.

')