ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Axe Palace just posted this on Facebook. I'm sure it's one of their one-offs, but I'd love for this to be the new Steph color run (especially single hum).
136964291_10158810300255813_8209914380148614939_o.jpg
ESP Dino Carpenter model

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Have full photos of the KH3 reissue been posted or do we only have the grainy Kirk video at this point?

Trashgreen

Reaction score
Was the E-II EX actually discontinued or did they just stop selling it in the NA/US market for a while?

It's been in ESP Japan's website the whole time iirc

Regardless, good choice on the switch to brushed chrome pickup covers

Loving the baritone 7s

Don't know which was the last time you checked but you're right that ESP Japan did have many models listed long after they where cleared on the USA site. However ESP Japan cleared their own website sometime last year and several models can now be found in the discontinued page:

https://espguitars.co.jp/products/e-2/discontinued-e2-model/

It's worth mentioning that the EX being re-introduced now has an Ebony fretboard!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Was the E-II EX actually discontinued or did they just stop selling it in the NA/US market for a while?

It's been in ESP Japan's website the whole time iirc

Regardless, good choice on the switch to brushed chrome pickup covers

Loving the baritone 7s

ESP USA definitely discontinued a lot of the less-standard stuff for awhile (ESP/E-II V, Viper, EX, Phoenix, etc etc). There was a period for a few years where the Standard Series/E-II was stripped down to the best-selling products, and only a couple of colors.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Don't know which was the last time you checked but you're right that ESP Japan did have many models listed long after they where cleared on the USA site. However ESP Japan cleared their own website sometime last year and several models can now be found in the discontinued page:

https://espguitars.co.jp/products/e-2/discontinued-e2-model/

It's worth mentioning that the EX being re-introduced now has an Ebony fretboard!
Oh wow yeah they cleared house, I've kept up a little bit with the ESP Japan website but not the E-II page. Had no clue they discontinued models like the M-II Seven, SV, CR-5, or other models not marketed in NA/US.

Lineup looks identical or close enough to NA/US now.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Love that the EX series is coming back. I’ll always have a soft spot for them, as my first guitar was an Ltd EX-100. Thankfully I still have it and may mod it at some point in the future.

Also, that jawbreaker eclipse is hot as hell.

I have mine too! And is going to recieve an EMG81 in a few hours! Time to start modding the old beast to bring it back to its old glory! I want this one to become my main player again...

Trashgreen

Reaction score
So we still have to wait for the Javier Reyes ESP announcement?

Time will tell but on the bottom page it does say:

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/2021-product-preview-3

"So, That’s All for 2021, Right?
No. We still have more new guitars and basses that will be being debuted at various points of the year. These will include more ESP USA models, new Signature Series guitars, and new ESP Original Series and ESP Exhibition Limited guitars that will be announced when they become available. For now, be sure to watch our “ESP Presents 2021” streaming video show on January 11-13, 2021 for more info, and keep your eye on espguitars.com!"

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have full photos of the KH3 reissue been posted or do we only have the grainy Kirk video at this point?

They haven’t been posted publicly yet but ESP is getting the site/page ready to go live.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Has it even been confirmed that the KH3 is the very special anniversary model?

The KH3 is already a part of the signature series:

https://espguitars.co.jp/artists/7357/#content_area
(Scroll down a little)

ESP Japan's website tends to be super janky. They listed some other limited edition models, as well as some discontinued models. Also the KH-3 on there isn't apparently the same one as the 2021 version (no green on the spider, and no Bonebreakers).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Has Kirk ever played the KH-DC live? I never even knew it existed until there was one used at GC not long ago, but I have legitimately zero memory of seeing him in a photo with one.

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has it even been confirmed that the KH3 is the very special anniversary model?

The KH3 is already a part of the signature series:

https://espguitars.co.jp/artists/7357/#content_area
(Scroll down a little)

It is. I have seen the photos and full write up/promo. It’s the 30th anniversary and this current version is a mode along the lines of an updated modern versions as opposed to a straight up reissue.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
ESP Japan's website tends to be super janky. They listed some other limited edition models, as well as some discontinued models. Also the KH-3 on there isn't apparently the same one as the 2021 version (no green on the spider, and no Bonebreakers).

I just watched the promo video again and you're right it sure is an updated version of the KH3! Guess we will see lots of pics next week!

Last edited:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Interesting that they’re saying essentially “look we may even do some limited runs, and if you don’t see everything you like now we may have some more this summer”. Historically “summer NAMM” was usually refreshes/adjustments to new offerings that proved to be super popular right?

I’m assuming global manufacturing not being up to normal yet will give a lot of companies pause in “overloading” a lineup this year. $0.02

')