ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Maybe it's been this way for a while, but it looks like the Bill from Mastodon is using Duncan Distortions now? The Sparrowhawk looks nice in the Black Beauty motif.

original.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's been this way for a while, but it looks like the Bill from Mastodon is using Duncan Distortions now? The Sparrowhawk looks nice in the Black Beauty motif.

original.png

Since last year, he had them in his Eclipse. Kind of weird they dropped the Sparrowhawk last year and brought it back. Maybe they didn’t have enough supply of his covered distortions for both.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Like if he was referring to "trying one out" outside of Japan he's screwed. But even inside Japan there's a good number of shops that will still be reluctant to let you try it out on the high end stuff.

So, if you are looking to spend say 5k US do you have to flash a black card
or do they just say "buy now, try later?"

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Phase-II sized-passives on a brand new guitar?. Now that's retarded. Good luck finding passive replacements since Bare Knuckle soapbars won't line up with EMG holes.
Except that I like that guitar as-is, so not a problem for me!
ETA: not that I’m buying one at the moment, but the possibility is real

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Toggle switches are usually about 1/2" while pots around 3/8", I say "about/around" as some measure in metric while others are SAE.

Hmmm, okay. So not a direct fit but possibly could do some mods to make it work (although not sure I’d want to on an ESP version).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm, okay. So not a direct fit but possibly could do some mods to make it work (although not sure I’d want to on an ESP version).

Yeah, it's totally doable, it's just not a direct swap. You can use rubber washers and a larger diameter metal one to hold the pot in the larger hole, and use a smaller format switch to fit the pot hole. Maybe not ideal, but then you don't have to drill.

I'd probably just remove the tone and put the volume in its place. Unless you absolutely need a tone knob it's the most simple way to handle a "too close to bridge/pickup" volume knob.

I play music

Reaction score
These are the two (updated) models I thought were coming out. Since they're both Ltd, I figured it's likely proof that they're going to be production models. Really hoping that bass is released. Been wanting to try bass Fishmans and that finish and the body shape work really well together.
Maybe they'll announce more during the year ?

Majoggy

Reaction score
Pricing for new E II and Ltd models has been announced in the UK and prices seems hiked massively. Brexit, Covid? Who knows?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Pricing for new E II and Ltd models has been announced in the UK and prices seems hiked massively. Brexit, Covid? Who knows?

ESP USA and E-IIs went up in US as well, seems like a price increase across the board.

Majoggy

Reaction score
ESP USA and E-IIs went up in US as well, seems like a price increase across the board.

Urgh. Even so, the Josh Middleton Signature Model (guitar I have my eye on) is £400 ($550) more expensive over here - and I included generic US sales tax to come to that figure!

Djsggsjndhsnd

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's totally doable, it's just not a direct swap. You can use rubber washers and a larger diameter metal one to hold the pot in the larger hole, and use a smaller format switch to fit the pot hole. Maybe not ideal, but then you don't have to drill.

I'd probably just remove the tone and put the volume in its place. Unless you absolutely need a tone knob it's the most simple way to handle a "too close to bridge/pickup" volume knob.

What would I do with the wires going to that tone pot to leave it as if the tone was on 10 full time?

')