ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
What would I do with the wires going to that tone pot to leave it as if the tone was on 10 full time?

If you want it really as if the tone knob always were on 10, you'd just replace the tone pot/wires with a 500k resistor. If you want the tone pot completely gone, just remove it and the wires connected to it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
If you want it really as if the tone knob always were on 10, you'd just replace the tone pot/wires with a 500k resistor. If you want the tone pot completely gone, just remove it and the wires connected to it.

If I remove it completely is that like the guitar sounding like the tone knob is turned down to zero?

Also, any suggestions on what to fill an empty hole with? LOL!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
If I remove it completely is that like the guitar sounding like the tone knob is turned down to zero?

Also, any suggestions on what to fill an empty hole with? LOL!

If I'm remembering this right, the tone pot on ten is essentially wired as a 500k resistor to ground (through the tone capacitor), loading the pickups a bit (darker tone, bit less output).

As you lower the tone pot, the resistance to ground (through the tone cap) gets lower and lower, making the tone darker and darker etc.

If you remove it completely, you remove all the load associated with the tone pot (it's like, infinite resistance or whatever) and the sound will be brighter with more output than with the tone pot even on 10.

Korblod

Reaction score
Anyone knows how long it took for the 2020 models to come out on the market last year?, I´d like to get an idea of how long I´m gonna have to wait for the 2021 models to hit the market (waiting for the new ec1000 fr)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
What would I do with the wires going to that tone pot to leave it as if the tone was on 10 full time?
If you want MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS, just wire the output of your bridge pickup directly to the output jack. Some people on the forum might think I'm joking, but I've done this one all of my main guitars and I think it sounds killer. The switch doesn't kill off any consequential amount of brightness, so, if you use your neck pickup, just wire the switch to the jack if you still want to use it and also achieve MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS.

It's like your volume and tone are both set to eleven... or maybe 11 and a half.

Just a suggestion for thought.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Tiger Eye horizon has a decent price at MF:
FB265E6C-FB21-4952-8580-062827B2A646.png

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
So, if you are looking to spend say 5k US do you have to flash a black card
or do they just say "buy now, try later?"

Got to be honest, I never had this issue in the 30+ shops I visited in Japan. Although you do have to ask and then they will (usually) pick up the guitar, tune it, wipe it down and present it to you as if it were excalibur.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
PSA... Chondro guitars was able to get 4 of these Japan only (for now at least) E-II Horizons. I’m far too poor these days to get one, but here’s your chance if you want one.

147633729_4311390288876187_7927783449630050207_o.jpg

Didn’t axe palace nick say it was possible to get any Japan only models if requested? Is there a catalog of these models to peruse?

jco5055

Reaction score
random question, but in recent memory (lets say since 2010 or so) have ESP ever released an Original series 7 that wasn't a sig model? I know they have the M-Seven in Japan but I'm thinking for Europe/North America.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Didn’t axe palace nick say it was possible to get any Japan only models if requested? Is there a catalog of these models to peruse?

Just about anything anyway. Look at the ESP Japan website, they updated it recently with all the new models.

')