ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honest mistake makes sense- you pretty much do need to be a banker to afford some of these Gibsons!

I know you're being facetious, but anyone who can afford a few LTD Deluxes or couple of Prestige Ibanez can afford just about anything Gibson makes, or ESP for that matter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
I know you're being facetious, but anyone who can afford a few LTD Deluxes or couple of Prestige Ibanez can afford just about anything Gibson makes, or ESP for that matter.

Counterpoint: if you're on a budget, a few used LTD deluxe and Ibanez Japan (or Schecter or the like for that matter) and you may still be under 2/2.5k$ for all the quality guitars you'd ever need in various 6/7 tunings... Compared to that, getting an ESP USA, even second hand, under 2.5k$ is pretty tough. Even worse for a decent (good luck with that) Gibson historic.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Counterpoint: if you're on a budget, a few used LTD deluxe and Ibanez Japan (or Schecter or the like for that matter) and you may still be under 2/2.5k$ for all the quality guitars you'd ever need in various 6/7 tunings... Compared to that, getting an ESP USA, even second hand, under 2.5k$ is pretty tough. Even worse for a decent (good luck with that) Gibson historic.

That's a personal choice and to taste. Some folks rather have a stable of odds and ends, and some rather spring for one knock out. There's no "right" way to do it.

But based solely on the issue of affordability (again, not value) buying six $500 guitars is the same amount of money as one $3000 guitar.

Counterpoint: if you're on a tight budget, maybe don't buy a bunch of guitars in the first place. :lol:

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I’d personally always rather own one $3,000 guitar than six $500 indo/China guitars. I’m always a bit confused when I see people post collections of nearly a dozen guitars that are all cheap imports. Quality over quantity for me. That said, whatever floats your boat!

mbardu

Reaction score
I’d personally always rather own one $3,000 guitar than six $500 indo/China guitars. I’m always a bit confused when I see people post collections of nearly a dozen guitars that are all cheap imports. Quality over quantity for me. That said, whatever floats your boat!

If you play in a band where you need to play various tunings and you're not rich yet, then it can make sense to have a few guitars. Plus, setup well, a 700$ used guitar can play and sound just as good as any instrument (3k$ or otherwise) for all practical purposes. What i don't understand is people who have 10 cheap guitars sith same specs in the same tuning either, but i don't judge.

Now lets be honest, the above "need" scenario doesn't apply to most people here where we (myself included) are after fancy guitars for the sake of fancy guitars. And guilty as charged, i have a couple of expensive ones myself because i am lucky to be able to afford it.

But nobody needs a 3k$ guitar. It's really more a matter of "luxury over quantity" than "quality" too. You don't need 3k$ for a quality guitars. In fact some 3k$ guitars are less reliable, with a worse sound, and not necessarily more playable than, say a used km-6 you could get for 700$. And often not even finished better.

Last edited:

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Counterpoint: if you're on a tight budget, maybe don't buy a bunch of guitars in the first place. :lol:

:lol:

Say what? Logic when impulse buying guitars?

I don’t think electric guitars are worth spending much more than 1-2K. After that its just bling.

And under or around 1K can get a really nice variety and quality of instrument.

Not knocking luthiers or artistry in any way, its all good.

Where do you look at the Banker Gibsons, any links?

Wuuthrad

Reaction score

True that!

The heavy relic Les Pauls though? Smdh

lol

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol:

Say what? Logic when impulse buying guitars?

I don’t think electric guitars are worth spending much more than 1-2K. After that its just bling.

And under or around 1K can get a really nice variety and quality of instrument.

Not knocking luthiers or artistry in any way, its all good.

Where do you look at the Banker Gibsons, any links?

https://bankerguitar.com/

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
But nobody needs a 3k$ guitar. It's really more a matter of "luxury over quantity" than "quality" too. You don't need 3k$ for a quality guitars. In fact some 3k$ guitars are less reliable, with a worse sound, and not necessarily more playable than, say a used km-6 you could get for 700$. And often not even finished better.

And Gibson is the best example of that. I played everything from Epi Studio to Custom Shops and Reissues. I bought the best playing one an and this is what it looks like 12 years later because of how good it is.
3mxScdL.jpg
176mu6K.jpg

Zhysick

Reaction score
Dude, I need to post post a pic about how good I dremeled the head stock to look like a Gibby.

And some details about the carve of the body please. I have to admit the veneer look like a real AA top, great job there dude!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
And some details about the carve of the body please. I have to admit the veneer look like a real AA top, great job there dude!

Just run a dremel over wear your arm goes, makes it more comfy.

But for real, when I got it, I went to like 4-5 places and I played everything up to some vintage ones that were over $10k, I traded in every guitar I had except my first one because I clicked that hard with a Guitar Center floor model.

That guitar is the reason I completely get the Gibson hate, but also get why Gibson is as famous as it is.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if Gibson is playing a twisted con on everyone, trolling their fans?

Forums are littered with people complaining about QC and a multitude of issues, and what do they do?

Release their most expensive guitars as damaged beyond belief! What happens when those are damaged in shipping? lol

At least ESP is making actual art, not charging thousands for sticking a guitar in a freezer then in the sunlight over and over, carving it up with a razor blade, spilling coffee on it and burning it with cigarette butts!

ffs man ppl pay 10s of K for this shit? lmao...

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if Gibson is playing a twisted con on everyone, trolling their fans?

The whole thing with Gibson is they are handmade guitars. They follow the contractors pyramid. Good, fast and cheap. Pick 2. I played like 30-50 of them looking for mine, and they were all completely different guitars.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“Relics” too huh? Are those 2021 models?

I was referring to the high end custom models earlier in the thread. I cant imagine those relic ESPs are costing as much as the priciest Gibson Murphy models which are like 20 grand? But hey what do I know?

ESP has been doing relics for something like 20 years now, and does so currently.

Most are custom shop models starting around $5k, but they've done NAMM stuff that's relic'd in the near five figures, which is comparable to the highest price Murphy Lab stuff that hits ~12k.

The relic market is HUGE and just about all the major manufacturers offer or have offered it in some way or form.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
In Canada a Les Paul Studio costs less than many LTD 1000 series. A Les Paul Standard likely less than an E-II eclipse.

Yeah the Les Paul Customs and R8 VOS stuff are mad expensive but overall Gibson is not like unattainable prices. And I didn't even touch on the tributes, Juniors SGs ect

Latest posts

')