ESP 2021 New Models

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
how did you darken it and can I see a pic of the result?
All I did was use some fretboard oil on it. It’s not black, that was never my intention to dye it. I like the streaks. But there’s threads on here you can search for if you want to dye yours black.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
The point is as far as I'm aware LTD uses *the same* cheap plastic nut both on the absolute cheapest models and on the models that are really quite expensive. If I'm wrong and they use some really fancy engineered mega-plastic on the expensive guitars then I'd be interested to learn about it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one has yet to explain what's wrong with the nut itself, only that it's "cheap". As if anyone knows what the actual cost is vs. anything else wholesale on the scale that ESP would purchase.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The point is as far as I'm aware LTD uses *the same* cheap plastic nut both on the absolute cheapest models and on the models that are really quite expensive. If I'm wrong and they use some really fancy engineered mega-plastic on the expensive guitars then I'd be interested to learn about it.
E-II and above use bone or graphite nuts.

gnoll

Reaction score
No one has yet to explain what's wrong with the nut itself, only that it's "cheap". As if anyone knows what the actual cost is vs. anything else wholesale on the scale that ESP would purchase.

Why would we want to find out all the things wrong with it when we could just avoid it...

E-II and above use bone or graphite nuts.

Yeah I'm just talking about the LTDs, some of which are already pretty expensive. It used to be the case that as you went up in price you got better specs. Now I don't really know what you pay for.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I would not use a plastic nut,
I would not any way they're cut,
I do not want them on my axe,
and do not ask me to relax!
I do not like this plastic nut,
and do not ask me to shut up!

gnoll

Reaction score
That's a cop out. Again, just complaining for the sake of it.

Kinda yeah. But,

1) I like complaining.

2) I really dislike when brands seem to sneakily cut corners after they've established a name for themselves by making good stuff. I want manufacturers to really care deeply about making kickass stuff. When it seems like they don't I get really disappointed.

MrWulf

Reaction score
1999$ lol. Inflation is here and real

Welp, at this rate in 5 years my Schecter collection is gonna be like what, 3 times its value?

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I'm wondering though: Are they, or anyone else for that matter, even planning on releasing new stuff for 2022?

')