ESP 2024

manu80

Reaction score
yeah jackson are plexi top, I had the purple friedman monarkh
Like the Mirror Jem, too plexi sheet on a mirror layer underneath.
Still, a full black with chrome parts could be nice too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He was with Carillion Guitars before. The other guitarist from Bleed from Within is still using Carillions though.

That was it! I've never played Carillions, but I would still think that they are better guitars than LTDs. And this is coming from huge Ltd fan. I have 6 ltds: 3 signatures (AW, SC and snakebyte), 1000 series Phoenix, 1000 and black metal series arrow.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I've never played Carillions, but I would still think that they are better guitars than LTDs. And this is coming from huge Ltd fan.
> that moment when a forum member compares a top-notch build from a private luthier with a $5K starting price tag (for a barebones build) to a cheap, mass manufactured instrument from an Asian factory that costs substantially less to produce and runs a fifth (or even less) of the former’s price after everything is factored in (distributor markup, dealer markup, etc.)

giphy.gif

Yeah, you have definitely never even been in the vicinity of a Carillion…

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
He was with Carillion Guitars before. The other guitarist from Bleed from Within is still using Carillions though.

Other guitarist has never used Carillions. Had an Ibanez or two but has had a Caparison endorsement for a few years now.

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Other guitarist has never used Carillions. Had an Ibanez or two but has had a Caparison endorsement for a few years now.
Yeah he’s using Caparisons. My bad, thought they both were with Carillion.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
> that moment when a forum member compares a top-notch build from a private luthier with a $5K starting price tag (for a barebones build) to a cheap, mass manufactured instrument from an Asian factory that costs substantially less to produce and runs a fifth (or even less) of the former’s price after everything is factored in (distributor markup, dealer markup, etc.)

giphy.gif

I know the Carillion guitars by name only because of this band and one of their rig rundowns, and didn't know the price point or are those top notch Luthier stuff or not. From personal experience I know that you can have small builder built guitars from someone who is at the start of their careers for something close to new Ltd prices and I also know what is to own absolute piece of art guitar from higher end builder (Ruokangas) that costs much more. There is so much variety when it comes to prices and quality of one man/small company guitars..

Anyway I stated that I assume that Carillion would be better guitars, but because I didn't know their quality I couldn't say by how much. For this reason and especially now when you chimed in, it is interesting to me to see that if he ends up using the Ltds exclusively or will he have them out for few songs for endorsement sake. It is also interesting to see if he will have some custom ESP/E-II at some point.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was an interesting move by Goonzi as he has consistently used these extremely valuable guitars live for some time. But he has now stepped down to LTDs, which makes sense from a world-tour point of view, needing the guitars to be readily available and not have too much sentimental value. I just think if trekking with the Carillions has worked up to now, why change?
Then again, potentially free guitars and the ESP PR team, makes sense to me!

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Eh, my Carillion is a great guitar but at that price point you're fully in diminishing returns land. If I were a touring musician I'd prefer having a cheaper guitar that wouldn't break my heart if it were destroyed or stolen. You can get pretty much any guitar to play as good as a boutique instrument if you're willing to spend the money.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
To back that up he's swapped the hardware on at least one of them. Seems to be a colour change but may have gone for a better quality trem.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Eh, my Carillion is a great guitar but at that price point you're fully in diminishing returns land. If I were a touring musician I'd prefer having a cheaper guitar that wouldn't break my heart if it were destroyed or stolen. You can get pretty much any guitar to play as good as a boutique instrument if you're willing to spend the money.
That and easy to get a backup.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm bummed Joe is moving into an offset shape. His Charvel sig was pretty much my ideal Tele and I don't jive with Jazz/Jag style offsets too much

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm bummed Joe is moving into an offset shape. His Charvel sig was pretty much my ideal Tele and I don't jive with Jazz/Jag style offsets too much
Same. I was planning on picking one up soon too. Feels like whenever I actually want something it finally goes out of production lol.

')