ESP 2024

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
This is literally the worst finish I've seen in my life. Most people with old houses here have the walls EXACTLY like that, and most would love to shave that shit off if it weren't bloody expensive and labor intensive to do.

And the worst part is that it's probably like $8k. This is beyond stupid. Literally the final boss of the ugly guitars thread! :lol:
Yep. That's the legendary Custom Shop Cumburst.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
uksthulrmqcbrv5bcejc.jpg
The perfect guitar for when you're missing Grammy's house and need a hit of nostalgia.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
And to go along with it, you just need to store all of your maintenance tools for the guitar in Grammy's iconic sewing kit container.

81-E7q-Fh-M3j-L.png

About 10 years I bought one of these from the drugstore just to see what they're like because I'd never seen one with cookies in it. I see why they're always empty.... they're pretty good for what they are.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
And to go along with it, you just need to store all of your maintenance tools for the guitar in Grammy's iconic sewing kit container.

81-E7q-Fh-M3j-L.png
Goddammit I’m feeling attacked :lol: First my ceilings look like that ESP’s finish (it’s knockdown instead of popcorn at least) and now this tin that I have in my music room; hey it makes a good place to store patch cables!

Sparky8691

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wanna join the sexy pic party!

d1qlu6sojmpbmfs8jqwt.jpg

zwvbjjdojscknl4ebynp.jpg

zqxxveg8pxxfvzfh6j4n.jpg

uksthulrmqcbrv5bcejc.jpg

wwohelm9scc8lba4g4bg.jpg

Are these all from this 'Hiendguitar Indonesia' shop I've seen on Reverb? https://reverb.com/uk/shop/hiendguitar-indonesia

Quite a collection there. Seems to specialse in unique finishes, quite a few of their listings are clearly custom order finishes or even outright say they are.
So I'm guessing that shop owner is some multimillionaire who just likes to think up some interesting mixes of colour & texture, then calls up ESP and asks for 20 guitars in a row or something.

This one caught my eye:
1722828410772.png

Don't know why they insist on only having the guitar upside down in the photos though. I know it's not difficult to rotate it but still...just annoying when every photo is from that angle.

The castmetal finish seems to work well with some colours but on others I don't think it looks like a high end guitar finish, more like some art project.
But then you get something like this, which looks really cool IMO:

1722828633932.png

Also saw this one in the Exhibition Limited archive, I guess they've been doing this textured type of finish for a while. I think this one does live up to its name, 'Moon':
1722829327167.png

I also love ESP's 'Tanzanite' finish, seen a few different variations of it as 'standard' finishes for some of the Original Series models. Also seen a couple of custom shop builds on the website that have a similar texture, there's a purple one with gold hardware that is beatiful. This Indonesian shop has a couple, my fave is this blue:

1722828736845.png

Guy really seems to like his EMGs!

And another one from the Exhibition Limited archive I noticed, has a similar vibe to this Tanzanite finish, called Tsugaru paint style:
1722829416072.png

Glitterstorms have really been growing on me, this or a purple one is 😍
Yeah the Glitterstorm finish does look awesome! If I ever got a custom shop ESP I think that would be one of my top finish choices, as it's something quite unique to them. Nice when the finish is something synonomous with the builder.
I wonder if they could do a full on rainbow gradient Glitterstorm. Perhaps would look a bit like one of these (another Exhibition Limited, but a more recent one):

1722829611794.png

This is one of the coolest ESP's I've seen recently though. Perhaps foreshadowing that we will get some more XJ model variations in the future. Didn't Joe Duplantier have a custom shop one at that Olympics performance? I just remember seeing a load of commentary saying oohh...he's playing an ESP...is he endorsing a new company now. I swear...some people are more interested in what brand of guitar an artist plays over their music itself!

1722829845008.png

')