ESP Craft-House visit

• Thread starter ascl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ascl

Reaction score
I posted a thread like this a while back, but figured hey, its a new year, with new cool guitars, why not another thread? I don't remember where I put it last time, hopefully this is the right category.

Okay, so I just got back from a short visit to Tokyo, which, as always, was heaps of fun. I spent some time in the ESP CraftHouse store in Shibuya, checking out the awesome guitars... and I got pictures! A bunch of guitars I haven't seen before (not that this means much, but I figured you guys might be interested).
(click for full size)

Navigator's in general make me drool... nav tele looking good!

These look a bit silly imo, but the workman ship is impressive none-the-less.

Some V's.

Some kind of Eclipse, haven't seen one like it before.

The navigator lp is so nice. If I hadn't just bought one I would have been super tempted! The ESP thing next to it is interesting too... LP shape, weird headstock, again, nothing I've seen before.

More of the weird....

.. and a bit more...

Couple of strange looking V's... kinda cool, but check out the price!! (approx 100 yen = 1 USD).

.... yeah I dunno either...

... and some more over the top to end with!

I also had the chance to play a knaggs guitar (Knaggs Guitars) which was veeeery nice (with a price tag to match).

Hope you like the images :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is ESP a PRS distributor in Japan or something? I find it weird seeing all these ESP-branded guitars, then seeing a couple of Custom 24s. :lol:

ascl

Reaction score
No I don't believe so. There was PRS's, Suhr's, and a few other brands there. It seems odd to me as well!

bouVIP

Reaction score
I really want that ESP Snapper!!!

I always love seeing ESP guitars so thanks for sharing :) I wish I could go visit the ESP Craft-House!

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
That Iron Bird body shaped one, is metal as .....

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
No wonder ESP custom orders take so long, what with all the time they must spend on the endless stream of wacky guitars they build for Takamizawa :lol:.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Also, I'm sure Navigators are top-notch and all, but the price on that tele is getting in to Fender Custom Shop territory.

ascl

Reaction score
Looks like chicks get a lot of signature guitars in Japan :lol:

That "chick" is Takamizawa, who is a guy!

Japan is a strange place. While I was there, Tokyo Game Show was on (video games), so I checked that out, and it included a bunch of cos play, and the thing that I found odd there, was that (I am pretty sure) a significant portion of the cos players dressed as scantily clad female manga characters... were guys.

But then, the extreme-ness of the culture is what makes it such a great place as well. People take things, including crafts, very seriously, so the guitars are amazing (and the food is amazing).

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, some crazy wacky axes there.
I really dig the somewhat basic superstrat with the cockstock and emgs (6th pic).

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for the photos - well done shots of some very cool guitars! :)

Latest posts

')