ESP Craft-House visit

• Thread starter ascl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Thanks for showing us all those pictures...I've heard Japan can be a pretty bizarre place to someone who isn't expecting it.

I dig that sort of liquid-looking superstrat too. Interesting that it has a 30th anniversary logo on it - I didn't know there were any 30th anniversaries beyond the LTDs we saw here.

Japan always gets such rad ESP stuff - even if the designs are way out there, the craftsmanship is totally admirable. All we ever got were Axxions...

nugget666

Reaction score
very cool pics man...btw, did you mentioned them that the E-ii line is a crappy movement from them?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Totally looks like a Gibson RD. I'd kill for this! :yesway:

That is awesome, looks just like my Gibson RD, just with single coils. Why can't they release something like that in the US.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
That is awesome, looks just like my Gibson RD, just with single coils. Why can't they release something like that in the US.

Being a signature model, Sugizo isn't big enough to merit his sig line to be available outside Asia, let alone Japan. Even being a member of Juno Reactor is stretching it. Though the recent high profile tours with X-Japan "may" change that. Again still a stretch but it'd be awesome.

Also add to the fact that ESP/EII/LTD/whatever's target audience outside Japan are mostly a metal oriented crowd who don't want an SSP90 config and wacky/goofy shapes.

But that RD is delicious. If it's as good as the Sugizo V that I tried out, then it's worth the 5-6K asking price. :yum:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Being a signature model, Sugizo isn't big enough to merit his sig line to be available outside Asia, let alone Japan. Even being a member of Juno Reactor is stretching it. Though the recent high profile tours with X-Japan "may" change that. Again still a stretch but it'd be awesome.

Also add to the fact that ESP/EII/LTD/whatever's target audience outside Japan are mostly a metal oriented crowd who don't want an SSP90 config and wacky/goofy shapes.

But that RD is delicious. If it's as good as the Sugizo V that I tried out, then it's worth the 5-6K asking price. :yum:

I meant the RD body style in general, I have no idea who Sugizo is.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I meant the RD body style in general, I have no idea who Sugizo is.

Oh, sorry my bad.

I'm glad Gibson reintroduce it though. Shame it started like the Firebird X of the late 70s early 80s thanks to all the preamp excess. The RD needs to be appreciated more to get out of that stigma.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry my bad.

I'm glad Gibson reintroduce it though. Shame it started like the Firebird X of the late 70s early 80s thanks to all the preamp excess. The RD needs to be appreciated more to get out of that stigma.

Out of production again though. They made 400 in 2007 as guitar of the week. Then made a RD Standard from 2009-2011. Love that body style, glad I was able to get one recently.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
thanks for sharing the pics...would love to see these in person one day.

i happen to own a couple of takamizawa's guitars and they are well built. wouldnt mind having that fa-iii and the shinigami.

ascl

Reaction score
very cool pics man...btw, did you mentioned them that the E-ii line is a crappy movement from them?

I don't actually remember seeing any E-II's there at all. I guess, like the standard series, they are for foreign sale only -- I did see the occasional LTD, but not many (maybe only the sig models?), mainly the ESP brands there are Grass Roots, Edwards, ESP, Navigator.

If anyone gets the chance to go to Tokyo, definitely do it. It is a great city, the guitar shopping/browsing alone is worth it imo. ESP shops are far from the only gig in town, I just happened to take pics in that store. It is definitely weird tho :D

Latest posts

')