ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Didn't see an ESP General thread and this wasn't really relevant to their 2021 lineup so I thought best to ask it here:

My memory is a bit off, but what were the deal with those limited run Scandinavian Horizons?

Weren't they a store-ordered or regional custom run?

Was watching a vlog from the Alexi 100 Guitars From Hel event and saw a Horizon that looked similar to what I remember of the Scandinavian run

Tried to use some Google-fu to find it but didn't stumble upon anything

Swear they came in matte black/white and had the Seymour Duncan Black Winters before they were released to the worldwide public

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Didn't see an ESP General thread and this wasn't really relevant to their 2021 lineup so I thought best to ask it here:

My memory is a bit off, but what were the deal with those limited run Scandinavian Horizons?

Was watching a vlog from the Alexi 100 Guitars From Hel event and saw a Horizon that looked similar to what I remember of the Scandinavian run

Swear they came in matte black/white and had the Seymour Duncan Black Winters before they were released to the worldwide public
You are correct and @Blytheryn had the one I’d imagine you were referring to. The BW was after market though. He could answer more but I think they were alder too IIRC.
They were a regional run of production Standards. Not custom.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

https://ibb.co/t3ZCb2C
Not only did I have it, I’m that dude in the picture. The Black Winters I dropped in afterwards.

feraledge

Reaction score
320690D5-A4E6-4318-A205-767A1BA9020D.jpeg
E905EC31-0840-4E15-BB1A-E184E3E5A9CB.jpeg
Yo, DEAL ALERT: NOS Black fog custom Horizon at DCGL for $4000!!!
Just for reference, new ESP Horizon CTMs are going for $6,600. SOMEONE BUY THIS AND POST PICS HERE.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
View attachment 92226 View attachment 92227 Yo, DEAL ALERT: NOS Black fog custom Horizon at DCGL for $4000!!!
Just for reference, new ESP Horizon CTMs are going for $6,600. SOMEONE BUY THIS AND POST PICS HERE.

Eh, after seeing yours I can't look at this one without thinking how much it needs a maple board.

But ya, not a smart guy who would spend $6,600 on a horizon... I think not many are "going" for that price.

feraledge

Reaction score
Eh, after seeing yours I can't look at this one without thinking how much it needs a maple board.

But ya, not a smart guy who would spend $6,600 on a horizon... I think not many are "going" for that price.
This one was the inspiration for mine. But I obviously agree that the maple board is perfection.
I mean, take listed prices as a starting point and even if many aren’t going for $6.6k, they’re probably not going for $4k.
My custom was $5300, which was only $300 over this at the time. Granted always a little budge in price on an already built guitar, but, again, $4k on this is an incredible deal. If you were to get it for less, even better.
I do recall someone here looking for this one before, but can’t remember who. Maybe @Ikke does?

Bassnguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Who are the best USA dealers if i wanna order an MIJ custom?

Geisterfaust

Reaction score
Just received this M-I USA Custom. Over the moon with it at the moment. Ticked all the boxes for how I would have spec’ed it—minus the gloss neck (though I enjoy it now). Pleasantly surprised at the thickness of the top. The attention to detail—particularly the fretwork—is impressive.

23BE8630-6E8F-4FAB-88B0-E67D04567E88.jpeg

D1CF2156-3AC2-4063-813C-DAAFA0F15988.jpeg

7D2F1EF5-B146-4414-A4F0-DE0F3A601010.jpeg

Dooky

Reaction score
^ That is an exceptional cool guitar! Love those specs.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Really like the specs. It’s a little weighty which I actually like. Can’t say enough about the QC.

I’m going to plead ignorance on that one. Is that an era of ESP.

Haha it was tongue in cheek if you were gunter. There is a dude on instagram who is also constantly posting higher-end guitars on the facebook groups for sale and I thought your amp room looked somewhat similar to a video he posted a long time ago but looking at it now its not as close as I remembered. I'll be seeing myself out....

neurosis

Reaction score

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Geisterfaust

Reaction score
Definitely. With the TEW ash body. Very lively.

That guitar and this ESP (and a few others) rule out any excuses I may have to suck.

Latest posts

')