ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Eh, I'm happier having seen it.

And it is a community resource -- threads aren't owned by OPs.

Yeah, I agree, and wasn't implying or meaning to imply that, but instead only trying to reach clarification on what the intention of the thread is/was.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Eh, I'm happier having seen it.

And it is a community resource -- threads aren't owned by OPs.

I think it's better that the thread is ESP Customs owned by members, but I also am not complaining about seeing other ESP Customs. Maybe this is Narad's way of keeping us from clogging up the GAS Thread.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think it's better that the thread is ESP Customs owned by members, but I also am not complaining about seeing other ESP Customs. Maybe this is Narad's way of keeping us from clogging up the GAS Thread.

Ha, I've got an ESP custom and am all for seeing more of these things, but it'd be a bit much to have an ESP custom club, an ESP Owners club, GAS thread, and then ESPs-you-don't-own-and-aren't-GAS thread :)

Plus the HAOOOMARU above probably isn't custom shop, right? Nor the lemonburst Navigator. To me I'd rather see ESP customs not owned by members fall in here too, more than ESP non-customs owned by members (which can go in the ESP Owners Club thread). But yea, how messy this is is precisely why I don't think it's worth being nitpicky about!

feraledge

Reaction score
Well in that case...
0dd493cae2c305e418e816e7d44432b0.jpg

hrz_ctm_qm_faded_blue.jpg

horizon-smg_7-1.jpg

c5av6uHZRy0vu.gif

narad

Reaction score
You posted my favorite one!

1b4n3z

Reaction score
:)

Plus the HAOOOMARU above probably isn't custom shop, right? Nor the lemonburst Navigator. !

I'll just add that navigators are most definitely custom shop, although not necessarily custom ordered. Mine is surprisingly figured for a 480 model, but maybe not quite enough for a 680 (order made)

narad

Reaction score
I'll just add that navigators are most definitely custom shop, although not necessarily custom ordered. Mine is surprisingly figured for a 480 model, but maybe not quite enough for a 680 (order made)

Are they all? They definitely don't have any of the insignia that Ikke mentioned a few pages back.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Are they all? They definitely don't have any of the insignia that Ikke mentioned a few pages back.

The serial numbers in the newer ones show K for Kiso Factory... at least the set-neck neck-thru models.

feraledge

Reaction score
I did a thing. Will be back here next week. :lol:

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Ha, I've got an ESP custom and am all for seeing more of these things, but it'd be a bit much to have an ESP custom club, an ESP Owners club, GAS thread, and then ESPs-you-don't-own-and-aren't-GAS thread :)

Plus the HAOOOMARU above probably isn't custom shop, right? Nor the lemonburst Navigator. To me I'd rather see ESP customs not owned by members fall in here too, more than ESP non-customs owned by members (which can go in the ESP Owners Club thread). But yea, how messy this is is precisely why I don't think it's worth being nitpicky about!

The Haooomaru is most certainly CS, as it is not a standard production model - it must be specifically ordered. Navigators I have less knowledge about, so I couldn't say. My understanding is that the top level models are in the same boat, by order only. I would think that designation would allow it to be classified as a "custom".

narad

Reaction score
The Haooomaru is most certainly CS, as it is not a standard production model - it must be specifically ordered. Navigators I have less knowledge about, so I couldn't say. My understanding is that the top level models are in the same boat, by order only. I would think that designation would allow it to be classified as a "custom".

Is this not like the Alexi sig models, which come in two tiers, largely identical, but one is CS and the other is not? I saw a pretty beat-up one is Japan and while it's hard to know whether it was mis-treated, or just poorly made, but I didn't want to buy it for ~$1800 at the time. I would hope they're not all at that level.

feraledge

Reaction score
Yey. It was your turn after all. :lol:

Never say never, right?? Especially when it comes to ESPs. I think I'll be very pleased with my decision. It's en route, should have it either Wednesday or Thursday.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Is this not like the Alexi sig models, which come in two tiers, largely identical, but one is CS and the other is not? I saw a pretty beat-up one is Japan and while it's hard to know whether it was mis-treated, or just poorly made, but I didn't want to buy it for ~$1800 at the time. I would hope they're not all at that level.

I can't say for sure - you might be right. The serial on mine is K080XXXX, which would imply it was built in the Kiso shop, correct? Is there a further reference for customs regarding the serial number after the shop / manufacture designation?

')