ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can't say for sure - you might be right. The serial on mine is K080XXXX, which would imply it was built in the Kiso shop, correct? Is there a further reference for customs regarding the serial number after the shop / manufacture designation?

Probably but that's as much as I know, as taught to me in this thread :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
There's a couple sites with more info, I'll have to do some more in-depth reading it seems.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score

I made a new friend, ESP 90s USA Horizon Custom
pals_zpskpdc7ecu.jpg

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
I can't say for sure - you might be right. The serial on mine is K080XXXX, which would imply it was built in the Kiso shop, correct? Is there a further reference for customs regarding the serial number after the shop / manufacture designation?

K0340506

K = As detailed above
Two Digit Year
Week of the Year
Day of the Week - Monday=1, Tuesday=2, Wednesday=3 etc.
Number off the line that day

Is this what you meant? I keep the ESP Serial Number madness in my guitar notes. Here's some more info I found. Keep in mind though, a lot is still not understood. Additional info below:

PRE-2015 Factory designation by prefix:

T - ESP Custom Shop

SS - ESP Standard Factory

K - ESP Kiso Factory / set-neck and neck-thru only

S - ESP Sado Factory / bolt-on only

Year of production:
First 2 numerical digits

POST-2015:Factory designation by final digit:

1 - ESP Custom Shop

2 - ESP Tokyo Factory

3 - ESP Standard Factory

Year of production:
Fifth & sixth numerical digits

Brand designation prefix:

E - ESP

ES - E-II”

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Hawt!

How do they compare?

A little tricky because the specs aren't 1:1 and my Custom is all my specs. However, they're pretty damn close. Every 90s ESP I've played has been just untouchable. I think it's fair to say that to get woods on par with what you would get in a 90s ESP you have to go custom shop.
If I couldn't get a custom built for me, I see no reason why I wouldn't have been super stoked on this or any other ESP Custom. No regrets on mine, but these are spectacular guitars.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Just put in order for a new custom. Doing a Phoenix this time. Pictures incoming in like year :lol:

Dude, you don't just come in here, drop the custom Phoenix bomb on us and say, "Pictures in a year!"...:nono: Paint us a pretty picture, what kind of specs?

wiretap

Reaction score
Fingers crossed you're going to say sonic or daphne blue.

Yep! Sonic blue. I ended up keeping it pretty simple and not far out of the regular design. I had a bunch of more extreme ideas like inlays and stuff but ended up changing my mind and opting for the flags (I know people hate them but I personallly love them). Was also considering removing the belly cut but with how the Phoenix sits I was worried it might make it feel weird so just left it.

Sonic blue w/matching headstock, ESP script logo in a black mother of pearl and once again "amor fati" but in gold. cream pickguard/pup rings/truss cover, chrome hardware. Duncan Custom custom in the bridge and a phat cat (p90 HB) in the neck. Ebony board. Probably the most striking aspect will be the back of the neck, going for the same design as the standard with the unpainted/satin neck but mahogany instead of maple and also stained to a dark brown/red. Think the contrast of the sonic blue with the dark neck will look pretty cool.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Yep! Sonic blue. I ended up keeping it pretty simple and not far out of the regular design. I had a bunch of more extreme ideas like inlays and stuff but ended up changing my mind and opting for the flags (I know people hate them but I personallly love them). Was also considering removing the belly cut but with how the Phoenix sits I was worried it might make it feel weird so just left it.

Sonic blue w/matching headstock, ESP script logo in a black mother of pearl and once again "amor fati" but in gold. cream pickguard/pup rings/truss cover, chrome hardware. Duncan Custom custom in the bridge and a phat cat (p90 HB) in the neck. Ebony board. Probably the most striking aspect will be the back of the neck, going for the same design as the standard with the unpainted/satin neck but mahogany instead of maple and also stained to a dark brown/red. Think the contrast of the sonic blue with the dark neck will look pretty cool.

DAAAMN!:bowdown:

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
Hi comrades,
Would you be so kind to point me at the replacement nut 45mm for ESP 7string guitars?
And I'll be happy to join the family with a custom-made ESP M7 after changing the old nut that has an issue with the thread.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Hi comrades,
Would you be so kind to point me at the replacement nut 45mm for ESP 7string guitars?
And I'll be happy to join the family with a custom-made ESP M7 after changing the old nut that has an issue with the thread.

I would imagine you have to take it to a guitar tech. Probably would have to make it from scratch.

I don't know of anywhere you can just get an ESP nut. That and a 45/46mm would be super hard to come by as there are very few ESP's that have them as far as I know. Only guitars I know of are the Viper 7/Horizon NT7 that have 45mm nuts.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
I would imagine you have to take it to a guitar tech. Probably would have to make it from scratch.

I don't know of anywhere you can just get an ESP nut. That and a 45/46mm would be super hard to come by as there are very few ESP's that have them as far as I know. Only guitars I know of are the Viper 7/Horizon NT7 that have 45mm nuts.
Thanks, but I need the locking nut for OFR bridge (sorry that I didn't mention that). After brief searching I found out that such models as Horizon FR7 and LTD Ben Savage 7 also have the nut of 45mm (if the specs I found are correct)
Unfortunately, ESP support was not very much helpful, as they simply directed me to several online shops where I couldn't find a nut like that.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Thanks, but I need the locking nut for OFR bridge (sorry that I didn't mention that). After brief searching I found out that such models as Horizon FR7 and LTD Ben Savage 7 also have the nut of 45mm (if the specs I found are correct)
Unfortunately, ESP support was not very much helpful, as they simply directed me to several online shops where I couldn't find a nut like that.

From the Floyd Rose website, there's only one nut size for the 7 string OFR (http://511e2271871424c2f15c-3b98a00....cf2.rackcdn.com/FRNUTCONVERSIONCHART2013.pdf), so that makes things easier. You can order the nut directly from Floyd Rose here http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/parts/original-7-string/locking-nut

')