ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
From the Floyd Rose website, there's only one nut size for the 7 string OFR (http://511e2271871424c2f15c-3b98a00....cf2.rackcdn.com/FRNUTCONVERSIONCHART2013.pdf), so that makes things easier. You can order the nut directly from Floyd Rose here http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/parts/original-7-string/locking-nut
Well, here comes the question :wallbash:
My logic was just the same, so I quickly ordered the locking nut of OFR, but when I received it, I realized that the string spacing is different. So, even if I installed it instead of the old nut, the 1st and the 7th strings would be practically falling off the edges.
So, I definitely need the locking nut of 45mm instead of OFR, which is 47.6mm wide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Well, here comes the question :wallbash:
My logic was just the same, so I quickly ordered the locking nut of OFR, but when I received it, I realized that the string spacing is different. So, even if I installed it instead of the old nut, the 1st and the 7th strings would be practically falling off the edges.
So, I definitely need the locking nut of 45mm instead of OFR, which is 47.6mm wide.

Well, it's not exactly the same, but I had a similar situation with Sperzel where I needed a tuner with a larger diameter string hole. I emailed them directly and they were able to make me one, and it didn't take very long. In addition, from my conversation with Sperzel, it turns out that the tuner with the larger string hole is just a special order item that they don't list (because most people don't need it). But, it seems it's requested just enough for them to know how to make one (quickly) should someone/some company need it.

Your nut might be in the same boat: an item they know how to/will make if requested. So, maybe you can do the same thing: contact FR directly and ask for/special order a 45mm version. Or, instead ask them for the nut that they provide ESP for the guitars you listed above.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
Well, it's not exactly the same, but I had a similar situation with Sperzel where I needed a tuner with a larger diameter string hole. I emailed them directly and they were able to make me one, and it didn't take very long. In addition, from my conversation with Sperzel, it turns out that the tuner with the larger string hole is just a special order item that they don't list (because most people don't need it). But, it seems it's requested just enough for them to know how to make one (quickly) should someone/some company need it.

Your nut might be in the same boat: an item they know how to/will make if requested. So, maybe you can do the same thing: contact FR directly and ask for/special order a 45mm version. Or, instead ask them for the nut that they provide ESP for the guitars you listed above.
Thanks Ikke, I appreciate it!
I've already sent an email to FR, so in case they manufactured this special nut for ESP, I hope I could get another one from them :)

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Thanks Ikke, I appreciate it!
I've already sent an email to FR, so in case they manufactured this special nut for ESP, I hope I could get another one from them :)

No problem! One other thing I would try: ask your official ESP dealer to contact ESP Japan directly. ESP Japan has generally been pretty helpful/knowledgable when getting information. I don't know whether it's your custom shop guitar or just a custom shop guitar, but it's worth a shot I think!

Hope everything works out! Keep me posted!

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
Some pictures of my nearly completed custom build! I'll post a full rundown of what I chose and why when it arrives. I'm very, very excited.

Attachments

• HeGOAT-Body.jpg
    HeGOAT-Body.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 166
  • HeGOAT-Headstock.jpg
    HeGOAT-Headstock.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 148
  • HeGOAT-Neck.jpg
    HeGOAT-Neck.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 138

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Nope, especially in the Custom form. They also made some cool Custom Vipers at that time.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Yeah I could tell by the color that that was the custom one. Are you gonna keep the EMGs?

I also remember those Viper customs. Really cool stuff. But, the new SetThru ones they’re making...super delicious.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah I could tell by the color that that was the custom one. Are you gonna keep the EMGs?

I also remember those Viper customs. Really cool stuff. But, the new SetThru ones they’re making...super delicious.

The new Vipers are pretty awesome.

Yeah, appear to be 81X in bridge and 85X in the neck. I'm going to swap them around as I prefer the 85s in the bridge. Otherwise, I don't mind that combo. Probably switch to passive somewhere down the road though.

')