ESP Custom Shop Question

• Thread starter Ikke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Hello everyone. If this is in the wrong section sorry. And if this is a stupid question, please don't flame me.

I'm an avid fan of ESP Vipers. I've thought several times about getting one, but I'd rather just get my own custom one-off if I could, rather than try and find one of the old VP 230 SL-7.

Really all I would want to change is:

Colour
Add Horizon style contours
27" Scale Length

Essentially it would look like this:

nf8i.jpg

f2rw.jpg

Anyways, I'd imagine that just those changes alone would probably jack the price up quite a bit. My question is how much?Also, I know that ESP USA doesn't sell Vipers anymore, and ESP Japan doesn't make seven string versions, so I imagine that would also make this particular guitar more expensive to make?

If anybody with experience requesting changes to existing models has any input that'd be cool.

Or if this is a stupid question that involves me requesting a quote from somebody, can you just send me in that direction (hopefully without flaming me haha)

Dir En Grey FTW and Kaoru has awesome taste.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
ESP customs are not cheap by any means, so be prepared for that. Your best bet is to talk to a dealer. That's the only way to truly figure out the price based on your specs. As long as you are serious, don't worry about asking a lot of questions. That's what they are there for.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
ESP customs are not cheap by any means, so be prepared for that. Your best bet is to talk to a dealer. That's the only way to truly figure out the price based on your specs. As long as you are serious, don't worry about asking a lot of questions. That's what they are there for.

Okke thank you.

bouVIP

Reaction score
If you go to The ESP Guitar Company and click on custom shop, there's a link to the order form which you can fill out and bring to an esp dealer and that would help with getting a quote.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
You could also just import his ESP signature model.

I don't buy signature models. Also the one in the picture is not available. They only hand the black one.

If you go to The ESP Guitar Company and click on custom shop, there's a link to the order form which you can fill out and bring to an esp dealer and that would help with getting a quote.

Yeah I know. I just thought I could get some quick info first. Thank you though.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I don't buy signature models. Also the one in the picture is not available. They only hand the black one.
You don't buy signature models..

But you basically want to buy a purple metal flake version of his signature model, and pay a lot more for it because you "don't buy signature models".

Right, okay.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
You don't buy signature models..

But you basically want to buy a purple metal flake version of his signature model, and pay a lot more for it because you "don't buy signature models".

Right, okay.

No reason to be sassy. I only posted the picture of that guitar because it was closest to the idea I was thinking of. What I want is essentially a viper sl-7 with horizon contours. That guitar sorta matches what I was thinking of but more custom than what I want.

And even if I couldn't get that if just get the color changed on an sl-7. Even that would suffice. I don't want to be a copy cat.

I like my guitars simple. I don't want a skull graphic or a custom headstock.

prepare yourself for a pricetag from 5k+

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/site_assets/000/000/318/original.pdf

there you can make your order and then contact a dealer or esp to make it, the waiting time is 2 years or so

Gosh that's a lot and a long time. Maybe I'll just hold off for a bit. Thank you for that quick info.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Different company, Polish, but they'll pretty much make a custom guitar of anything you can think of. They're very unabashed about making copies.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Different company, Polish, but they'll pretty much make a custom guitar of anything you can think of. They're very unabashed about making copies.

Oh okke. Would they even put the esp logo on it?

Metlupass2

Reaction score
ESP custom shops are very expensive and there's many horror stories about customers getting their guitars a LONG time later only to find it's not exactly what they had originally ordered.

I do currently 3 Custom Shop ESPs and they are badass guitars. I purchased all mine used though so can't speak from experience in ordering so just going by what I've read before.

They can just about make anything you can dream though....

http://youtu.be/sIMwkZpp6eY

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
ESP custom shops are very expensive and there's many horror stories about customers getting their guitars a LONG time later only to find it's not exactly what they had originally ordered.

I do currently 3 Custom Shop ESPs and they are badass guitars. I purchased all mine used though so can't speak from experience in ordering so just going by what I've read before.

They can just about make anything you can dream though....

ESP Guitars: Making of "Ghost Soldier" Custom Shop guitar - YouTube

That's ridiculous and a half! That video made it look like it was easy to make that (still time intensive). One day I will have my Viper Custom! I swear by the old gods and the new!

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
With the added load of the ESP original series being placed on the japan custom shop I'd imagine true individual custom wait times will be as long as ever and then some for us average no-names,
especially when talking about shape modifications and such.

Also the original series is circling the $4000-$5000 mark, so true customs might well be getting a price bump as well now if not already.

')