ESP E-II 10 years anniversary celebration Thread.....including ESP 2013 export catalog!

• Thread starter Trashgreen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
As some of you might know this year marks the 10 years anniversary of the first E-IIs released by ESP back in.., yes 2013!

Frankfurt musikmesse 10-13 april 2013 was the days that ESP showed the E-IIs to the puplic in Europe.

Loved or hated and dividing people but as time goes by the E-IIs has now become a well known brand on it's own, many of us just call them the ESP standard series..

I have scanned and uploaded my old 2013 export models catalog...(E-II, Elite and Standard) so you can see the first E-II models offered in 2013.

Feel free to join the celebration, post pics, discuss ect..

I will be posting old pics from Frankfurt Musikmesse 2013 and more.. so stay tuned and celebrate!!!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
As some of you remember the LTD Elite series where released the same years as the E-IIs.., here's from the 2013 catalog:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Reactions: LCW

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I wish LTD Elites still had the same shit resale value they used to have. I remember when they were going for like $700 - $800 used.

I won't lie I still miss the ESP Standard name. A lot of my inspirations played *true* ESPs so it sucks I'll probably never be able to get a guitar with ESP on the headstock lol. E-II is still fine though.

LTD Elite was definitely a mistake though, and I find it super bold that Schecter is trying to do the same thing with their new upcoming MiJ line.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
..and the same year the americans got the altered ESP Standard series logo.., from the 2013 catalog:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Bonus page about tone wood, colors and neck specs ect..

original.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
..and the same year the americans got the altered ESP Standard series logo.., from the 2013 catalog:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Bonus page about tone wood, colors and neck specs ect..

original.jpg
The transition logo looks awful on the Eclipses, but honestly they look REALLY slick on the 6-in-line headstocks. I really like that look.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Woah, did those E-II Eclipse Is ever hit production?

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I don’t wanna be a party pooper, but I’ve noticed for the past couple of years ESP has barely been able to stock shelves with the LAST NAMM offerings so here they are adding even more cool models they can slap on the current 2-3 year backlog. That white eclipse with the maple fretboard is sick and it’s awesome they brought back the old EII EC7 (non evertune ) I don’t expect to see any however

Trashgreen

Reaction score
I won't lie I still miss the ESP Standard name. A lot of my inspirations played *true* ESPs so it sucks I'll probably never be able to get a guitar with ESP on the headstock lol. E-II is still fine though.

I all with you here.., even when I have both E-II and ESP's in my collection and knowing they are both standard series I just feel better holding the ones saying ESP on the headstock!!

Zado

Reaction score
Those V-IIs are and will always be deeply missed.

LTD Elite was definitely a mistake though, and I find it super bold that Schecter is trying to do the same thing with their new upcoming MiJ line.

Schecter fanatics don't mind ugly inlays, funky finishes and stuff like that, the Diamond Seires MIJ thing can't touch them.

peterbee

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a real-life picture of this E-II Eclipse DB/M

2023-05-01 08_09_28-ESP E-II 10 years anniversary celebration Thread.....including ESP 2013 ex...png

I remember around 2012 the SS version came out, and to this day I think I have only seen pictures of two actual examples. B Music posted one they had.

ec-ii_usa_db_sw_m_24.jpg

And while scouring the internet in 2019 I eventually ran into pics of one more SS

esp-eclipse-ii-mapleneck-usa-emg-sw-snow-white-10.jpg

But I was never able to track one down to purchase.

Lots of Russian web sites list the E-II version for sale but I wasn't able to make any progress on ordering one.

My main draw to it was not the maple board, but the black binding and white headstock.

Of course ESP now offers both the maple and ebony versions today under the Original Series and thankfully I was able to snag the ebony one from Ikebe last year with the Dollar:Yen being so nice.

EC-CTM-M-SW_angled.png

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I kinda always wished the HRFs had reversed pointed headstocks.....like my M-II NT7.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I wish LTD Elites still had the same shit resale value they used to have. I remember when they were going for like $700 - $800 used.

Its not fine E-II was a stupid move

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you ask me, in terms of design that lineup is way more interesting than today's offer. In terms of price not even worth talking about.

Latest posts

')