ESP E-II 10 years anniversary celebration Thread.....including ESP 2013 export catalog!

• Thread starter Trashgreen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a real-life picture of this E-II Eclipse DB/M

View attachment 124465

I remember around 2012 the SS version came out, and to this day I think I have only seen pictures of two actual examples. B Music posted one they had.

View attachment 124466

And while scouring the internet in 2019 I eventually ran into pics of one more SS

View attachment 124467

But I was never able to track one down to purchase.

Lots of Russian web sites list the E-II version for sale but I wasn't able to make any progress on ordering one.

My main draw to it was not the maple board, but the black binding and white headstock.

Of course ESP now offers both the maple and ebony versions today under the Original Series and thankfully I was able to snag the ebony one from Ikebe last year with the Dollar:Yen being so nice.

View attachment 124468

Well that's some beaut.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

migstopheles

Reaction score
i'm lucky enough to have one of those early TB7s in gloss black without the stupid ESP inlay on the 12th fret. absolutely love that guitar

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
God what a shit show they've become. Can't even get these Esp wannabes in stock yet they keep churning out those disgusting exhibition guitars like it's all their builders actually work on apart from catalog prototypes and artist guitars.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
That white Eclipse with the maple fret board :yum:

Trashgreen

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a real-life picture of this E-II Eclipse DB/M

View attachment 124465

Real life picture for you from 2013 Frankfurt Musikmesse, ..and I agree, many of those 2013 E-II's are rare finds, I myself have two models from the catalog, both bought back in 2013-2014.

original.JPG

Trashgreen

Reaction score
First E-II Arrows where from 2013 then discontinued from 2014 and then again later on re-introduced in the lineup:

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

Trashgreen

Reaction score
This is the horizon NT-7B and it's not in the catalog(late to the party) but it was also released in 2013:

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

Reactions: LCW

Trashgreen

Reaction score
Extended range in the Standard Series lineup where the new big thing in 2013:

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

Trashgreen

Reaction score
I really miss the good old days at Frankfurt Musikmesse, lots of guitars at display:

original.JPG

original.JPG

original.JPG

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
I got one of those Purple E-II Horizon 3s for $900 used a couple of years ago before covid and it fucked pretty hard. It was a ridiculously good guitar and was pretty much brand new but the older owner swapped the pickups. I think it sold it for like $1200.

I've never had any bad experience with an E-II and every one I've played has been as good as any of the older ESP standard series stuff I've played. Every ESP I've ever played has been pretty much flawless. Maybe I just got lucky idk lol

zw470

Reaction score
If they insist on not using the cockstock on Horizons, the least they could do is offer this in the US.

1431DB93-5594-4307-B1F6-39DC90835EF4.jpeg

peterbee

Reaction score
Real life picture for you from 2013 Frankfurt Musikmesse, ..and I agree, many of those 2013 E-II's are rare finds, I myself have two models from the catalog, both bought back in 2013-2014.

original.JPG

No way!! They exist!

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
Ah yes, the year ESP decided that we didn’t deserve the ESP logo without spending $3500-$4000 in 2013.

I know it’s petty, but when I was a teen in the late 80’s, ESPs were very exotic and held an almost mythical status. Rarely would you see one in the wild.

No internet made them even more magical and elusive. Any information was found word of mouth or music store, if you were lucky.

Now, I can finally afford an ESP Standard Series and dammit, have to get the wonky E-II branding that carries zero excitement. What the crap is that?

Ohhhh E-II such a sexy brand — said no one ever.

So yeah, I’ve been salty about for a decade and still not fully recovered from it.

gnoll

Reaction score
10 years huh...

I still think this logo looks as dumb as ever. Never got any E-II guitars and don't think I ever will. But they seem to have sold ok, so good for them.

Latest posts

')