ESP Exclusive Custom/Limited Run 6 & 7-String Guitars @ The Axe Palace

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So there's a new batch going on?
Like thrasher said we ordered ours in September last year and still no guitars have shipped, at least not to my knowing, and I'v asked, believe me.

Nick, we consider you are a honest guy, otherwise we wouldn't have ordered from axe palace, but we are being defrauded, deadline in long gone and we can't see this issue being solved.
We'd appreciate if you update us on what's going, why is this taking so long and most importantly, do your best to get our guitars shipped. Maybe contacting ESP and remembering what is expected of such a big company would help.

cheers!

Dude, this is a custom shop guitar. There's no deadlines or guarantees. 6 months was the *estimate* from ESP. I'm sorry if you thought it was a guarantee written in stone but that's not the case. If you don't want the guitar anymore im happy to refund you, but I'm not going to fight with people who think I have any control over this stuff..I'm tired of drama like this.

I mean no disrespect but man, don't order a custom guitar if you are on a strict deadline. ESP estimated 6 months but every guitar is its own story. Some guitars get built sooner than others. If you're nervous or think ESP is "defrauding" you, then we can cancel your order. I don't know what else to tell you. All I can do is place the order and relay what info ESP gives me. ESP is not a small luthier who gives regular updates or progress pics. They simply build guitars and then they show up at my store. This is how it is even with production models. I order stuff, it shows up. No updates or even a heads up on a tracking number, it just shows up. Every company has their own policy. ESP may be no corporate in that regard but they're a good company and make a great product. I see no reason for you to be overly concerned with your order. I realize its taken a little longer than their original estimate, but that can happen. It doesn't mean there's anything shady going on.

I'm sorry for coming off a little angry, it's not personal. It's just frustrating because there's nothing I can do about it. By now people should understand what ordering a custom shop guitar entails. The builder gives an estimate based on the current workload and projected conditions, but its never a lock bro. I dont recommend anyone ever order a custom made guitar if they're relying on a strict deadline. Like I said, I'm not here to mess with anyone. If you dont want to wait longer for your guitar, I will refund you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
So there's a new batch going on?
Like thrasher said we ordered ours in September last year and still no guitars have shipped, at least not to my knowing, and I'v asked, believe me.

Nick, we consider you are a honest guy, otherwise we wouldn't have ordered from axe palace, but we are being defrauded, deadline in long gone and we can't see this issue being solved.
We'd appreciate if you update us on what's going, why is this taking so long and most importantly, do your best to get our guitars shipped. Maybe contacting ESP and remembering what is expected of such a big company would help.

cheers!

Perhaps this helps relieve some of your worries knowing the thread I made;

I used to work at a well known guitar store in Amsterdam that's also an ESP dealer. They couldn't organize custom ''runs'' like these but they could do custom orders. A guy spec'd out a guitar and it took around a year to be completed, estimated time was 9 months. Whenever we called them to ask how the guitar was coming along, they literally gave us ''I'm sorry but there's no way I can find that out'' until the sole person responsible for that guitar (because that's how ESP works; they have 1 guy pretty much make the guitar) sent us an e-mail that it was nearing completion, this was around 10 months in.

They're weird and hard to reach but they make awesome stuff with a relatively small build time.

Reaction score
Thanks jaeswift, that's somehow reassuring.
I just don't get if they constantly fail to comply with d building times they set, why don't they improve their estimations...

I hope I didn't came across as an unreasonable, mad guy and I won't publicly complain any further.
I had to let people now my experience, nothing wrong with letting yourself be heard, it usually make wheels turn.
In the end we all know Esp will come forward eventually and with grand pomp with an awesome guitar.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks jaeswift, that's somehow reassuring.
I just don't get if they constantly fail to comply with d building times they set, why don't they improve their estimations...

I hope I didn't came across as an unreasonable, mad guy and I won't publicly complain any further.
I had to let people now my experience, nothing wrong with letting yourself be heard, it usually make wheels turn.
In the end we all know Esp will come forward eventually and with grand pomp with an awesome guitar.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on one of those points. Posting complaints isn't going to get any wheels turning or do anything but needlessly scare off potential buyers. ESP is building them as fast as they can, they aren't going to speed up because you called them out on a forum. They're a good honest company, just because it's taken longer than 6 months doesn't mean anything shady is going on. . As I said, that was their estimate but not a guarantee. People ordering custom made items need to try to remain calm and be patient, this kind of this can happen :)

troyguitar

Reaction score
I found the facts posted quite useful, just not the manner in which they were presented. Knowing that even a big company like ESP is no better at giving a useful estimate than a random basement luthier is good information to have. I figured that they would have a handle on how long it takes to build shit :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This thread is getting so off topic and ridiculous. ESP is as solid a company as there is in the industry. They're not a "basement luthier" who could disappear at a moments notice. They give an estimate of 6 months for their special order guitars. Some guitars ordered have come in around that time, some quicker, some take longer. I don't understand what the issue is here. Some guitars take longer to build than others, who cares? Why is this a surprise to anyone? Why clog up this thread with pointless negativity? No one ever guarantees a delivery date. There were never any promises, deadlines, or anything of the sort. Just a rough estimate.

Its as simple as this guys: if you want an awesome custom made ESP for a fraction of the typical ESP custom shop price, built in a reasonable time frame, I can help you. If you are in a rush, on a strict time constraint and need to be promised an ultra-quick completion date no matter what: order a Carvin.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clam down Nick. :)

There's one guy who thought that things were sour and he seems to have been reassured. Things are getting a little off topic, and I appologize as I'm partly to blame with my last post.

No one seems to be questioning you, at least any more, so don't get defensive. :hbang:

EDIT: Cleaned things up, including my own post. Lets keep things on topis. :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Clam down Nick. :)

There's one guy who thought that things were sour and he seems to have been reassured. Things are getting a little off topic, and I appologize as I'm partly to blame with my last post.

No one seems to be questioning you, at least any more, so don't get defensive. :hbang:

EDIT: Cleaned things up, including my own post. Lets keep things on topis. :yesway:

Thanks man. I'm calm believe it or not, just was mildly annoyed by how this thread was trending ;)

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm calm believe it or not, just was mildly annoyed by how this thread was trending ;)

Yeah, sorry about that, I will get off my high horse from now on :lol:

Anyway, you said some have come it already? Which ones and how were they in terms of overall build?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! Now I have to beg my wife to let me give you $300.00 lol. I don't care if it takes more than six months, I can use that time to pay it off! Besides, after owning a custom ESP, two standard series ESPs, and two Edwards guitars, I can honestly say they are well worth waiting for. My custom shop KH4 was the one true love of my life that I stupidly cheated on and left for short-lived flings with countless other lesser guitars.

So $300.00 secures the order and I could pay the balance over the course of buildup time?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! Now I have to beg my wife to let me give you $300.00 lol. I don't care if it takes more than six months, I can use that time to pay it off! Besides, after owning a custom ESP, two standard series ESPs, and two Edwards guitars, I can honestly say they are well worth waiting for. My custom shop KH4 was the one true love of my life that I stupidly cheated on and left for short-lived flings with countless other lesser guitars.

So $300.00 secures the order and I could pay the balance over the course of buildup time?

Yeah man, $300 is all I ask for the deposit. You can take all the time you need after that to pay it off. I wouldnt ask for another penny until the guitar was completed, but some people prefer to pay it off in advance also. Its up to you :)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah man, $300 is all I ask for the deposit. You can take all the time you need after that to pay it off. I wouldnt ask for another penny until the guitar was completed, but some people prefer to pay it off in advance also. Its up to you :)

Considering that I have been knocked back down to a Squier Stratocaster budget over the last two years, I would have to use all of that time to give you installments lol.

whosdealin

Reaction score
Ive owned a few esp guitars (not ltds) and they were some of the best playing and sounding instruments out there. and IMO On par with Kxk, BRJ, J custom guitars that Ive owned. I had to jump on the chance to get some custom options on a Horizon 7 so I got in on this a while back. This is the first time Ive ever seen various custom options offered on a esp production model.

I could only imagine how sick these will be.

But yeah maybe we can get this thread back to talkin about being excited about these axes coming in. Hopefully guys will post pics on here when they get theres....

Also a question for Nick.. Would you be posting pics of these when they come in or do you leave that up to the owner so they are surprised ?

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
So is this to get in some remaining "custom" stock coming in or trying to get a new run going?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So is this to get in some remaining "custom" stock coming in or trying to get a new run going?

There's not really a "run" anymore. It started out that way, and then they informed me I could put in custom shop orders in at any time, in any quantity, even one-offs. So this an on-going thing at this point. People can send me specs anytime and I can get a quote for them. The guitars on page 1 of this thread were some that I ordered as "store stock", but people can put in their own customs with us at their leisure.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A few of these ESP customs have been rolling in. I will be posting pics of a Horizon 7 in metallic purple today on our Facebook page and here. Get ready to have your jaw fractured.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
A few of these ESP customs have been rolling in. I will be posting pics of a Horizon 7 in metallic purple today on our Facebook page and here. Get ready to have your jaw fractured.

Nick, will you post pics of most, if not all of them? I am VERY interested in seeing how these turned out. I have a lot of ideas and I want to see what ESP has created.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pics posted. Link is here: ESP Horizon 7 Custom Purple Metallic w/ White Binding | Facebook

I just liked your facebook page man. Post em up!!

Nick, will you post pics of most, if not all of them? I am VERY interested in seeing how these turned out. I have a lot of ideas and I want to see what ESP has created.

Yeah I will post as many as I can. Some go direct to customers who want them new in box. Feel free to contact me if you want a custom of your own. Here's one shot of the guitar here:

06.jpg

Latest posts

')