ESP Exclusive Custom/Limited Run 6 & 7-String Guitars @ The Axe Palace

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Interesting NIB comment.

Personally, I'd like to know that you looked at it first before blindly sending it to me to make sure that the order is right and there are no obvious flaws.

However, I've seen guys throw a fit when they find out that the dealer opened the box, thinking that somehow the magic seal has been broken. I'm sure the fear is that you might take it for a joy ride, but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Interesting NIB comment.

Personally, I'd like to know that you looked at it first before blindly sending it to me to make sure that the order is right and there are no obvious flaws.

However, I've seen guys throw a fit when they find out that the dealer opened the box, thinking that somehow the magic seal has been broken. I'm sure the fear is that you might take it for a joy ride, but....

I would too but a lot of customers are very anal and want to be the ones to open the box and touch it first. I like to inspect it, have my tech (who is amazing) do a pro setup on it for the customer, etc. Guitars we open will play better than if we just left it new in box from the manufacturer, but I have to respect customers' wishes.

I have guys who when they buy amps from me, want one thats new in box instead of a mint floor model that would be shipped in box as if it was NIB. I'd explain that its best if I test them and make sure the amp is working right, but they're just very anal and paranoid for some reason. It's much easier to take care of a problem with an item if I can test it and detect it prior to shipping.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Hm. That's pretty interesting,
if I ever order from you I'd personally like to request that
you shred the fuck out of it and make sure it's suitable :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hm. That's pretty interesting,
if I ever order from you I'd personally like to request that
you shred the fuck out of it and make sure it's suitable :yesway:

Yeah. I mean its not like we sit around playing our store stock guitars. We keep them in their cases, but we like to test them and perform a thorough setup when they come in. Then, if someone buys it and wants a custom setup with a different tuning/strings, we offer that for free. That way when someone opens the guitar from the box, its ready to go with perfect intonation/action/neck relief/nut properly filed/etc.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
wow that purple one is nice. I'm jacked for mine... still a few months to go though, I think. mine will be much nicer than the purple one ;)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll be posting up the purple one in a separate FS post today. Keep in mind, that we can do custom shop one-offs of just about any model they make at affordable prices: Horizon NT7, Horizon FR7, Horizon 6, Eclipse II, Eclipse II-FR, M-1 NTB, M-II, M-II-NTB, Viper, Viper 7, FX, EX, Phoenix II, SV-II (Alexi shape), V-II, etc. You can choose a custom finish, pickups, hardware color, binding/binding color, neck profile, flame/quilt top, etc.

You can contact me for a quote or for more information :)

That purple is cool!!!:scream:

Now I'm getting excited, can't wait for mine.

Yeah it should be sweet!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
UPDATE: Some of you may have seen we received a Horizon 7 in purple recently. Well we have another custom arriving next week that is exciting. It is a custom shop M-II with a trans black quilt top, white binding, maple fingerboard, Seymour Duncan pickups, Original Floyd Rose, no inlays ("ESP" 12th fret inlay only), ultra thin/flat neck shape, etc. If interested in reserving it, contact me. It's due to arrive on Wednesday.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Another of these exclusive guitars has arrived and is for sale. It is an M-II Custom Shop with AAAA Quilt Top in See-Thru-Black, white binding, maple fingerboard, Original Floyd Rose tremolo, custom abalone inlays (no "ESP" 12th fret inlay like on standard model), trans back, 24 XJ frets, thin/flat neck contour, satin maple neck, Seymour Duncan Custom/59 pickups, etc.

You can purchase it on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-M-II-Cu...30824432174?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d06ac3a2e

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
ESP is going to regret the decision to quit making special order guitars, these have been awesome! If we saw more of these from ESP a couple of years ago their sales would spike.

How much would a custom shop version of this run?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
ESP is going to regret the decision to quit making special order guitars, these have been awesome! If we saw more of these from ESP a couple of years ago their sales would spike.

How much would a custom shop version of this run?

I don't know. I'd rather focus on this one for now. Also the 2013 plans are still unconfirmed.

killertone

Reaction score
When this began I emailed you about getting an Eclipse 7 with passive pickups. You thought they would not do it. Then shortly after that I saw the dealer in Oz get them in. How about now? Similar to the ones that the Australian dealer got but maybe with a figured top and passive pickups. Or just like the ones they got but with passives. Waddya think?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
When this began I emailed you about getting an Eclipse 7 with passive pickups. You thought they would not do it. Then shortly after that I saw the dealer in Oz get them in. How about now? Similar to the ones that the Australian dealer got but maybe with a figured top and passive pickups. Or just like the ones they got but with passives. Waddya think?

If an Australian dealer got one in shortly after that, it means they probably ordered it a long time ago, as it takes ~10 months for those to come in. All I can say is as of now, they are not allowing me to order Eclipse 7 besides the custom shop (which would likely run about $3500-4000).

')