ESP FF BASS

• Thread starter House74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
RB 1006 is just above 1000€ so i highly doubt the 5 string FF would be +1500$.

Most likely we'll be able to see it around end 2016 or 2017 knowing the european market.
Yeah but this bass doesnt have fanned frets.

Anyone know if the on board preamp is meant to be any good?

I can not WAIT to try one of these suckers out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
the specs are unreal! Such a bold move - pretty exciting for us bassists :) I have an Ibanez Fan fret and love it - and desperately want a dingwall! These basses definitely compete, I think itll be a matter of preference soon enough!

I don't like the headstock but that 5 string is tight!

shredfreak

Reaction score
I'll just add this to my "check this for sure" list at musicmesse.

would take about an hour to check out the esp booth alone and that's assuming you can actually try it out.

So far all the reports from namm are all lackluster to say the least.

Will just have to leave stupidly early to arrive in frankfurt at a reasonable hour.

shredfreak

Reaction score
Concerning the fair itself or the instrument specifically?

Everyone brand has their stuff on display but there's no testing rooms at all it seems.

Testing out a prs at musicmesse through a mesa mark combo is much more convincing then lets say an out of tune dean through a 15 watt roland cube (london guitar show).

And the Iso booths are always a blast aswell, kinda hoping esp will have one available so i can test drive a few of their basses.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
I never cared for ESP/LTD basses but if I was a metal player I'd jump on one of these.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I don't think I could reach anything with the 37" scale on the low strings... Hopefully I can find one to play.

Kind of a bummer that they splurged on a wenge/bubinga neck but didn't use wenge for the board.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Would be worth a try, interesting indeed, but nothing to me beats that dingwall neck, Afterburner body feel and those FD3-4L pickups in series

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I don't think I could reach anything with the 37" scale on the low strings... Hopefully I can find one to play.

Kind of a bummer that they splurged on a wenge/bubinga neck but didn't use wenge for the board.

If you can play a 35" scale you can def play a 37" on a fan, a good deal if that scale is on the bridge

')