ESP FM408 In Action....... Youtube Video

• Thread starter bone777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoff

Reaction score
Impressive. The 25.5" scale seems to work better than i expected.
And nice playing by the way :)

Stuart

Reaction score
Holy crap that sound is sooweeeeet! I think an 8 should be next on the christmas list for me.

bone777

Bone777
Reaction score
Impressive. The 25.5" scale seems to work better than i expected.
And nice playing by the way :)

Thanx Man.. I never thought about the scale of the guitar possibly being a problem, I just wanted an 8 string cause to me they sound heavier than anything else I've heard.. So it's a good thing for me cause I would have been pissed if I had to tune an 8 string to A or something.. Thanx again for the playing comment.. Some of that Dino stuff can be rough on the picking hand..lol.. I don't see how he does it.. Later..

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Autonomy Lost!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!! :metal:

I want one of the FM-408's, but it's still a BUNCH of cash. A question, if I may? Do the strings seem kind of "Dead" when you hit them, a common trait of basswood? Or (if you've owned one) does it feel like mahogany, with that pop? (odd question, but it's a peeve of mine)

bone777

Bone777
Reaction score
Autonomy Lost!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!! :metal:

I want one of the FM-408's, but it's still a BUNCH of cash. A question, if I may? Do the strings seem kind of "Dead" when you hit them, a common trait of basswood? Or (if you've owned one) does it feel like mahogany, with that pop? (odd question, but it's a peeve of mine)

Hey dude I'm not really sure what you mean but the strings don't really sound "Dead" to me.. But then again maybe I'm not hearing what you are talking about..

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Yeah, ever since I've had my RG, and I switched over to a mahogany schecter, all basswood guitars sound "dead" or as heavy7 put it, "dull". I wouldn't say it sounds dull, it just feels like its not resonating under your hands as much as it should be. It's been a deciding factor on many of my NGD's, but I've never played a $1,000 basswood guitar, so I'm a little unsure as to what to expect.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, ever since I've had my RG, and I switched over to a mahogany schecter, all basswood guitars sound "dead" or as heavy7 put it, "dull". I wouldn't say it sounds dull, it just feels like its not resonating under your hands as much as it should be. It's been a deciding factor on many of my NGD's, but I've never played a $1,000 basswood guitar, so I'm a little unsure as to what to expect.

It isn't a basswood guitar. Maple neck through basswood wings. It would never be as flubby and weak as a bolt-on basswood body is.

')