ESP Guitars' First-Ever US-Based Factory to Open in 2014

• Thread starter Black Mamba
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What about some of us that love the feel of 20 pounds of mahogany? :(

Yeah I cant argue with that. If heavy, bulky, etc is your thing, cool. Just don't think that is contributing positively to the tone because its honestly not. People who love the "Gibson sound" really just love the Gibson pickups, because other than that theres nothing magical going on there :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's honestly more of an aesthetic thing for me. I love the look of a full-thickness, double-bound singlecut.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
They most likely will be. I personally hope they do not abandon their standard Eclipse bodies/necks in favor of the full-thickness ones however. The thinner body design IMO is a superior one which leads to better resonance and added playing comfort. In my experience its myth that thicker=better, often its quite the opposite, leading to a more dull sound with decreased resonance/sustain. The exception is with Hollow or Semi-Hollow chambered guitars, which these aren't.

I mean no offense, I hope they'll build them both ways to appease both camps. However I think people who desire full-thickness guitars might be doing so for reasons not completely grounded in reality. Again thats just my opinion/experience :)

Oh man, this is making me excited! :scream: The reason I like the full thickness idea is because of many reasons (which can be seen quoted below by JazzHands) and due to the fact that my vintage white ESP Eclipse is not full thickness. It'll give me the best of both worlds, so to speak, if I were to purchase one. Also, I know most (maybe all?) of the full thickness Eclipses have 22 frets, as opposed to 24, which I love. For example, the EC-1000T CTM (even though it's an LTD).

You make a valid point about those wanting a full thickness Eclipse for invalid reasons. No offense taken whatsoever there. It's truth. :yesway:

What about some of us that love the feel of 20 pounds of mahogany? :(

It's honestly more of an aesthetic thing for me. I love the look of a full-thickness, double-bound singlecut.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh man, this is making me excited! :scream: The reason I like the full thickness idea is because of many reasons (which can be seen quoted below by other members) and due to the fact that my vintage white ESP Eclipse is not full thickness. It'll give me the best of both worlds, so to speak, if I were to purchase one. Also, I know most (maybe all?) of the full thickness Eclipses have 22 frets, as opposed to 24, which I love. For example, the EC-1000T CTM (even though it's an LTD).

You make a valid point about those wanting a full thickness Eclipse for invalid reasons. No offense taken whatsoever there. It's truth. :yesway:

Perfectly reasonable bro. However I am pretty sure all the ESP Eclipses are 22 frets anyways, at least the ones we get in here. The only 24 fret one is the LTD I believe :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
There's a few models that have 24-frets, but they were only available outside of the US, it seems.

The Eclipse-I 24 and Eclipse-II 24.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Perfectly reasonable bro. However I am pretty sure all the ESP Eclipses are 22 frets anyways, at least the ones we get in here. The only 24 fret one is the LTD I believe :)

Yup! That's correct. I definitely did not do a good job at wordsmithing what I was saying, but you got it! :yesway: Always felt weird playing the LTDs with 24 frets on there. Just never looked/felt right for me. I dunno. I'm picky I guess :shrug:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's another reason why I liked the T/CTMs. I like the feel, look, and sound of a 22-fret singlecut.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
This sounds like great news to me. I hope there's some influence from the group of USA ones from around 2000 or so. I have a couple from that era and they're absolutely fantastic. I kind of wish ESP would offer a high end Horizon as a bolt-on.

ESP usually cooks up a pretty good NAMM lineup - really interested to see how this new shop pans out.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This sounds like great news to me. I hope there's some influence from the group of USA ones from around 2000 or so. I have a couple from that era and they're absolutely fantastic. I kind of wish ESP would offer a high end Horizon as a bolt-on.

ESP usually cooks up a pretty good NAMM lineup - really interested to see how this new shop pans out.

Unfortunately the USA ones won't be costing quite that little. They'll be more expensive than that (not a LOT more, but still). Here is sort of how the price structure will work out, without getting into specifics: LTD-->LTD Elite-->E-II/Standard-->ESP USA-->ESP Tokyo

The USA ones will fall in between what the Standard Series goes for now and the Japan custom shop ones. Similar prices to what you'd see from USA Jacksons, upper end Ibanez (but less than J-Customs), mid-level PRS, etc.

ok,now only ibanez is missing with good news :rotfl:

Lots of exciting new Ibanez models coming out too, don't you worry. I'm not authorized to share yet, but soon!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
So, does this effect the whole e-ii thing? Or are the standard series guitars still being renamed?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So, does this effect the whole e-ii thing? Or are the standard series guitars still being renamed?

I have no idea about the E-II thing yet, but the ESP USA line and ESP Tokyo line are unrelated to E-IIs. My guess is that E-II will be what the Standard Series will be renamed to, but thats just guess.

Duraesu

Reaction score
i kinda have to disagree with Zimbloth, with all due respect of course!

from my experience, and being a FT Eclipse owner i was able to compare it with a regular thick eclipse and i noticed that the ESP is acoustically louder and resonate a tad more when unplugged... but when plugged you can hardly notice anything since the EMGs do "mask" some woody attributes of the guitars! i did found that the sustain on the FT was slightly better but i know that a proper setup will make any guitar sustain well...

i'm yet to test this with passive pickups.

But sure, the regular eclipses are more confortable to play sitting down :)

Latest posts

')