ESP H-307 Price

Reaction score
Hi,
A local music store near me has a used ESP LTD H-307 in green for sale with upgraded pickups (EMG 707s). It's in excellent condition, and I played it and noticed no flaws. How much should this be going for?

They have it priced at $899 which I thought was pretty steep. Although they don't make the ESP H-307 anymore, I looked it up and saw that it apparently retailed for $799 and sold for about $550 brand new (is that correct?):

see http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar.php?ID=320
and
ESP H-307 Review by Mike

Even with the upgraded pickups, it seems like they're trying to rip the customer off. What should the price be? Is that actually a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Okay thanks a lot. I think I'll just walk in with $550 in cash and tell him that's all I'm willing to pay. That guitar has been in the store for at least 2 years, since I first went in there.

blackout

Reaction score
Yeah, i snagged one (stock :() on ebay for $399, will be here on monday. $550 seems like a good price for the actives. I've heard its easier to find the green ones than the other finishes as well, but that may just be because people with the other finishes keep them.

alexdinky

Reaction score
Found this thread. Have the same situation right now but with another price quotation. I've got here in Ukraine who's selling ESP LTD H-307 (made in Korea, 2003) with Duncan Blackouts + hardshell case for :scream:$850:scream:

It's very delicious and in nearly perfect condition but fuck...that's a lot for this axe. How much you will recommend me to pay for that guitar maximum? And could you give me some references/links to this guitar being sold, I mean the up-to-date prices, not for 2008 year? It will help me to cut down the price when negotiating I guess. Thanks :)

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Found this thread. Have the same situation right now but with another price quotation. I've got here in Ukraine who's selling ESP LTD H-307 (made in Korea, 2003) with Duncan Blackouts + hardshell case for :scream:$850:scream:

It's very delicious and in nearly perfect condition but fuck...that's a lot for this axe. How much you will recommend me to pay for that guitar maximum? And could you give me some references/links to this guitar being sold, I mean the up-to-date prices, not for 2008 year? It will help me to cut down the price when negotiating I guess. Thanks :)

What color is it? Usually the green ones are more common to find than the other colors (like said in one of the above posts...). However, due to it being a higher-end LTD and that these 307's get harder to find because people hang on to them, it's not uncommon to see these 307's go for a higher price - even now 3 years later.

That being said, the last few H307's I've seen (one green, one red, both with actives, one had an 18V mod...), both went for around $800 and that was on Ebay... However, there's a member of the forums who has one for sale, and he's asking $600 for his. His can be found here. So I'd say $800 is a little on the steep side, but like I said, not uncommon to see. I'd see if you could score the one by you for around $700, especially if you know that the thing has been sitting there for a little while. If not, then try contacting the guy who's got one for sale here. Worse comes to worse, save the extra and get it. For these older, harder to find models, people will spend that kind of money depending on how bad they really want it...

alexdinky

Reaction score
What color is it? Usually the green ones are more common to find than the other colors (like said in one of the above posts...). However, due to it being a higher-end LTD and that these 307's get harder to find because people hang on to them, it's not uncommon to see these 307's go for a higher price - even now 3 years later.

That being said, the last few H307's I've seen (one green, one red, both with actives, one had an 18V mod...), both went for around $800 and that was on Ebay... However, there's a member of the forums who has one for sale, and he's asking $600 for his. His can be found here. So I'd say $800 is a little on the steep side, but like I said, not uncommon to see. I'd see if you could score the one by you for around $700, especially if you know that the thing has been sitting there for a little while. If not, then try contacting the guy who's got one for sale here. Worse comes to worse, save the extra and get it. For these older, harder to find models, people will spend that kind of money depending on how bad they really want it...

Already bought it!! So what can I say - just a fucking amazing axe!! Got it for $800 with a hardshell case and Duncan Blackouts. It is really in a mint condition, so you must check out this guitar pron :wag:

Attachments

• z_86c1ea77.jpg
    z_86c1ea77.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 71
  • z_a34dbec2.jpg
    z_a34dbec2.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 77
  • z_e04c6890.jpg
    z_e04c6890.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 44
  • z_9e530dd9.jpg
    z_9e530dd9.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 41
  • z_7cf6c06f.jpg
    z_7cf6c06f.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 47

maximummetal288

Reaction score
Nice score! The see-thru Black ones are hard to come by and it looks like it's in great shape.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I agree also, awesome score bro!!! Even sweeter to see you got one in the see-thru black, which is the hardest ones to find, especially in the shape it's in. So given the age, the shape, rarity and I'm sure the tone of it, I'd say the $800 was well spent. :agreed:

Happy NGD man! :hbang::shred::yesway::yesway::bowdown:, and welcome to the ESP owners club!!! Good luck with it!!!:wavey:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
wow. WANT!

How do you like the blackouts? Do you find they overdrive a little too much and get harsh? Are they noisy in comparison to emg's?

alexdinky

Reaction score
I agree also, awesome score bro!!! Even sweeter to see you got one in the see-thru black, which is the hardest ones to find, especially in the shape it's in. So given the age, the shape, rarity and I'm sure the tone of it, I'd say the $800 was well spent. :agreed:

Happy NGD man! :hbang::shred::yesway::yesway::bowdown:, and welcome to the ESP owners club!!! Good luck with it!!!:wavey:

Thanks bro! Yeah, it's in perfect condition and I do agree this guitar worth even more than $800, so I'm a lucky bastard:cool:

To AkiraSpectrum:
Blackouts are perfect. I really cannot even say anything bad about them. For metal they are ideal, veeery high output and brilliant clarity of each note picked is what you can expect from them. Clean sound is much more nicer than EMG's (IMHO). EMGs sound a bit plastic to me and similar to each other whatever guitar they are installed in.
Blackouts are not noisy at all. Never heard of this.

')