ESP Huge changes for 2013

• Thread starter epsylon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp 2013
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Yeah as an ESP dealer I can assure you that is the case. ESP standards have not been replaced with LTD Elites, they are co-existing. I obviously wish there were more available this year as per previous years, but there's still some left.

Here are the ESP standard models still being offered:

Horizon NT-II
Horizon NT-7
Horizon FR-II
Horizon FR-27
Horizon FR-7
Horizon HRF
M-II Maple
M-II Rosewood
Eclipse II EMG
Eclipse II SD

and then of course your ESP MIJ signature models ala Stephen Carpenter, Alexi Laiho, Kirk Hammett, Will Adler, etc.

Zim, Any ideas as to what the Standard Series are going to be like past this year? The Rumor about the LTD Elites replacing the Standard Series after this year is false?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Zim, Any ideas as to what the Standard Series are going to be like past this year? The Rumor about the LTD Elites replacing the Standard Series after this year is false?

Not even thinking about 2014 right now man, lets tackle 2013 first :)

Galeus708

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been discovered, but for a lark I replaced the "2" in the ESP official 2012 catalogue URL with a "3". Turns out, they've already got the catalogue on their website, just not publicly. Does this count as a 'leak'?

http://espguitars.com/ESP-USACatalog-2013.pdf

I'm not sure if there's anything there that you guys haven't seen yet, but it's worth a looksee.

Zado

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has already been discovered, but for a lark I replaced the "2" in the ESP official 2012 catalogue URL with a "3". Turns out, they've already got the catalogue on their website, just not publicly. Does this count as a 'leak'?

http://espguitars.com/ESP-USACatalog-2013.pdf

I'm not sure if there's anything there that you guys haven't seen yet, but it's worth a looksee.
you darn genius!

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
So they are going to be called ESP Standard not E-II?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
They seriously couldn't find anyone better than Little Wayne's guitarist to review the LTD Elite MII??

Don Vito

Reaction score
Oh man I'm stoked for those Vampire Bio-Tech LTD's.

I loved the Clockwork Zombie's, but didn't have any money back then to get one.

They seriously couldn't find anyone better than Little Wayne's guitarist to review the LTD Elite MII??
Say what you want about him and other Top 40 rappers, the bands that back these guys are usually extremely talented.

Lupe Fiasco's Bass player blew my balls off last year.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I am disappointed, while ESPs biggest competition, Jackson and Ibanez, have been expanding their higher end guitar markets (new USA Jackson 7 and 8 strings, Ibanez prestige S series blue new J customs) it seems ESP is doing the opposite.

Some of the stuff looks good though, the new M-1000 is nice.

Zado

Reaction score
I am disappointed, while ESPs biggest competition, Jackson and Ibanez, have been expanding their higher end guitar markets (new USA Jackson 7 and 8 strings, Ibanez prestige S series blue new J customs) it seems ESP is doing the opposite.

Some of the stuff looks good though, the new M-1000 is nice.
same here,but imho this was planned...looking forward 2014:yesway:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Say what you want about him and other Top 40 rappers, the bands that back these guys are usually extremely talented.

Lupe Fiasco's Bass player blew my balls off last year.

I'm not saying the guy isn't talented. I'm just saying that ESP has a very metal-oriented fan base and using the guitarist from a hip-hop artist as a person to give an endorsement probably wouldn't be as successful as using someone from a more well known metal band.

demonlord78

Reaction score
I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed that I didn't see more models with a hardtail bridge. :noplease:

')