ESP Huge changes for 2013

• Thread starter epsylon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp 2013
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
89a41997a62c48c4b294b6d.png

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of disappointed. The evertune equipped stuff is cool, but that's about it. It looks like they replaced the sc207 and sc208 with sc337 and sc338, too.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It looks like they replaced the sc207 and sc208 with sc337 and sc338, too.
They're the same exact guitar with different pickups.

A lot of the 200-series guitars that have actives in the 600-series and the ESP Sig line were brought up to the 330 series. For example, the KH, the JH, the SC, and the MP's.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
HeHasTheJazzHands, that was genius with the Alex Wade picture.

Unfortunately I may have gotten myself WAY too hyped for their new stuff and now most of it just doesn't stand out to me. It looks like they killed the Gus-600EC, which makes me sad, but I already have one so it doesn't matter. The Andy James model is cool, but I saw that coming, and besides the pickups, it is pretty much just like other LTD-H series guitars. The only one that really intrigues me this year is the new Alexi 'Greeny' with the glow in the dark inlays :)

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I think ESP did a few good things with their 2013 offerings (adding some evertune guitars, offering some new Japanese style guitars via the LTD Elite series like the H-3 and ST-1 as well as giving a few new color options blue/green/purple/red for their 330 line and offering a few extra low end guitars that cater to the traditional crowd by offering some nice looking strat and telecaster models) but they also disappointed me at the same time by not giving more options in the higher end models (would like to see more color and pickup options for 400 and 1000 level models).

I remember reading that LTD was concentrating on broadening their horizons and catering to more than just the hard rock/metal player; I think they did a little bit of this but not enough. I think their product lines are dominated so much by EMG or EMG designed pickups that they are going to be turning off customers who don't play metal and want to purchase a 1000 or even 400 level guitar (the EC line does have a good diverse range though but the M, MH, H, and Viper series do not).

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
How the hell did no one mention the evertune series?? This is awesome!
Not too keen on the rosewood fretboard and the eternal abalone abuse but the idea to have an affordable evertune equipped guitar is awesome!

Don Vito

Reaction score
We've been talking about evertune since before this thread! I could actually get past the abalone for that MH.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell did no one mention the evertune series?? This is awesome!
Not too keen on the rosewood fretboard and the eternal abalone abuse but the idea to have an affordable evertune equipped guitar is awesome!

I did, less than ten posts before your post. :lol: It's kind of cool that one of the big manufacturers is giving the bridge a shot.

Light121

Grond121
Reaction score
Has the RC600 always been dimarzio loaded? I've had gas for the finish/spec for over a year but I'm picky with signatures

')