ESP Huge changes for 2013

• Thread starter epsylon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp 2013
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I agree, that logo makes me want to vomit.
that's so METAL:hbang:

I never knew a logo could make a guitar play horribly. Thank you guys for educating me on this.

:rolleyes:
tmyk.gif

:lol: sorry man :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I keep forgetting how much a little 2-inch decal on the headstock can piss people off.

It could be made in Japan, and have high quality parts, but GOD FORBID it have a certain logo.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Zado: So it's as I feared? All is lost...
I keep forgetting how much a little 2-inch decal on the headstock can piss people off.

It could be made in Japan, and have high quality parts, but GOD FORBID it have a certain logo.

I've seen limited shop runs of genuine MIJ ESP Eclipse guitars that had the old blocky logo and it was like a dagger to the retina. An Eclipse/EC doesn't work on a basic, structural level if it doesn't have the handwritten-esque logo.

Zado

Reaction score
Zado: So it's as I feared? All is lost...

I've seen limited shop runs of genuine MIJ ESP Eclipse guitars that had the old blocky logo and it was like a dagger to the retina. An Eclipse/EC doesn't work on a basic, structural level if it doesn't have the handwritten-esque logo.
well'dunno if you like the new logo or not,but in case you'd be the first and only to appreaciate it i guess:lol: it doesn't suck too hard,it just doesn't look as good as the old one to me:shrug:

Seriously,sounds weird,but a logo can make a huge difference on a guitar:ugh:

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
meh, in 2 years we'll be used to this and no one will make a point of it.

Yes, we'll probably get used to it, but at the moment the new logo is awful and those guitars with the old logo will surely be more treasured because of it.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Yes, we'll probably get used to it, but at the moment the new logo is awful and those guitars with the old logo will surely be more treasured because of it.

to be honest, i don't thinks it looks all that bad. sleek modern logo on sleek modern guitars :fawk:

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
to be honest, i don't thinks it looks all that bad. sleek modern logo on sleek modern guitars :fawk:

In my opinion just less character and I dislike they use the same font as on the LTD's.

Don Vito

Reaction score
LOL! Welcome to the interwebs; the place where you can register your hatred of things that don't matter a whole lot.
JESUS CHRIST I WOULD BUY THAT GUITAR IF THE TRUSS ROD WAS LIME GREEN

Guess I'll have to start saving for a custom replica....

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when they decided that they wanted to make "ESP" more exclusive, why use the same font?

Because the ESP STANDARD series is getting the font. ESP CUSTOM is keeping the old font.

It's like what BC Rich does.

')