ESP Huge changes for 2013

• Thread starter epsylon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp 2013
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Galeus708

Reaction score
I fugured this question best belongs here.
I was looking into possibl getting another esp horizon, either ntii or nt7.
I know the new changes for esp this year. However I found two overseas websites, one uk another japan i think, that sell the horizon in snow white which I think is rediculous looking.
Anyone in us ordered from uk store before...? What is shipping...and/or will they ship here? one place was here...but no option for us...ESP Horizon FR Snow White - Thomann UK Cyberstore

Thomann is a german website, so I'd assume stuff gets shipped from there.

This is a handy website for calculating duty, though you need to know the shipping cost as well to get an accurate calculation. Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | DutyCalculator

This is of course, assuming that Thomann even ships there. You should contact them if you can't find anything on their website.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Doomlord

Reaction score
Thomann is a german website, so I'd assume stuff gets shipped from there.

This is a handy website for calculating duty, though you need to know the shipping cost as well to get an accurate calculation. Calculate your import duty in a few quick steps for free | DutyCalculator

This is of course, assuming that Thomann even ships there. You should contact them if you can't find anything on their website.

Thank you for posting a link to that calculator. I wish I had known about that before I got a customs bill for $320!

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Damn. Sorry Shano. I cut your grass over here. Thanks for sharing 1st!

jcar24

Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread but wanted some opinions...

if these rumors are true, do you used esp standard prices will increase in 2014?

growing up I idolized metallica and have always wanted a "real" esp (currently play ltds or prs se). It may be silly but I want it to say esp on the headstock. Been slowly saving for a horizon or m-2 ($1200-1500 range, new or used) with idea to purchase sometime in 2014 ..... Do I need to make the purchase sooner??

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
According to something I read, after they change the name to E-II, there will be a 20% price drop.

EDIT: here you go:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/musikmesse-2013-big-changes-ahead-for-esp-573846

ESP Guitars is planning a major rebranding exercise in 2014. The company will be bringing its existing Standard series to a close, and calling the new guitars E-II. The new branding also brings with it approximately a 20 per cent drop in suggested retail pricing across the range, which retains - and builds on - the existing model line.

So, yeah, MSRP will be 20% less.

Zado

Reaction score
considering the prices increased lately,I guess it's just back to normality :lol: but they will proly be considered generous

jcar24

Reaction score
According to something I read, after they change the name to E-II, there will be a 20% price drop.

EDIT: here you go:

Musikmesse 2013: big changes ahead for ESP | MusicRadar

So, yeah, MSRP will be 20% less.

Sorry, my question wasn't clear. I don't want a E-II branded guitar. I want a guitar with the old ESP logo. I was asking, when E-II hits the market and old ESP logos are no longer available, will that make the used prices for old ESP standards go up?

Vinchester

Reaction score
E-II logo is hideous. I swear by the Standard Series :(

I hope they are still made by the same MIJ factory and crew

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Sorry, my question wasn't clear. I don't want a E-II branded guitar. I want a guitar with the old ESP logo. I was asking, when E-II hits the market and old ESP logos are no longer available, will that make the used prices for old ESP standards go up?

Likely, but as there is a sizeable number of them out, it will likely be long term, not immediate skyrocketing prices.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
My guess is the E-II prices will jump to about the same level as the Standards are now, after Standards are phased out for good. I don't see much sense in the current ESP line-up right now - there are now three MIJ ESP sub-brands competing each other. The LTD Elite costs almost as much as the E-II, without hardshell cases or equivalent hardware, and the Standards are exactly like the E-II but 250-300 euros more. My conclusion is, the E-II must go up in price quite a bit, and soon.

Dudley

Reaction score
Totally agree with you 1b4n3z, my advice is jump on the cheap E-II's while you can because they'll be a great deal. There's a few I'll be picking up soon hopefully :)

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
Totally agree with you 1b4n3z, my advice is jump on the cheap E-II's while you can because they'll be a great deal. There's a few I'll be picking up soon hopefully :)

where can we buy these "E-II" guitars?

Zado

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that ESP increased prices on standard series just to decrease it later with E-II and let the people scream "WTF same quality but cheaper,killer deal!!!" ?

')