ESP Huge changes for 2013

• Thread starter epsylon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp 2013
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Anyone else bothered by the lack of ERGs? I mean the SCT's are beautiful, but I was hoping for some new H series 7's and 8's

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Anyone else bothered by the lack of ERGs? I mean the SCT's are beautiful, but I was hoping for some new H series 7's and 8's

Kinda, but the sixers make up for it, as well as the SCT.

Also, even though they have 7-string and 8-string endorsees, they're not as well known for their ERGs as much as Ibanez or Schecter are as far as I know.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
isn't weird not to see any ESP in a wishlist but LTD only? dunno,it sounds strange to me:lol:

Well the standard series are going to run out this year and I cannot guarantee I get one. And since the LTD Elites are the replacements for them, might as well get on those.

phrygian12

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just having a difficult time reading that thread on my phone, but I can't find where they say that?

It's right beside the guitars in the picture, it's a left hand with a big L on it that says "Available".

Wow that came out kind of douchey. I mean no disrespect, I'm honestly just telling you where it's at.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
It's right beside the guitars in the picture, it's a left hand with a big L on it that says "Available".

Wow that came out kind of douchey. I mean no disrespect, I'm honestly just telling you where it's at.

Yeah my bad. I was reading the text instead of looking at the pictures. Looks like the options are severely limited compared to the ENTIRE old standard line being available.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Looks like the options are severely limited compared to the ENTIRE old standard line being available.

Yeah, I wonder how well the export market takes the apparent discontinuation of the Eclipse I lineup. I don't know how well the USA spec Eclipses sell, but I don't fancy them very much :/

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Notice how the product sheets on RigTalk just say "Floyd Rose" and not OFR?

Not sure if that's been mentioned, but would be a change from the Standards.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Ugh, absolutely nothing on that list appeals to me. Such a shame, ESP used to be one of my favorite brands.

Knyas

Reaction score
Ugh, absolutely nothing on that list appeals to me. Such a shame, ESP used to be one of my favorite brands.

Unfortunately our tastes change over time, I know mine have. There's a fair few things I'd definitely like on that list, but only a few I will actually consider getting. Great variation in models and options though.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Notice how the product sheets on RigTalk just say "Floyd Rose" and not OFR?

Not sure if that's been mentioned, but would be a change from the Standards.

I'm worried about this. For me you either get an original floyd or you don't get a floyd. Period.

EarlWellington

Reaction score
I don't think I could ever buy an LTD and it makes me feel very snobby right now. I've wanted an ESP NT-II for years so it looks like it will have to be second hand from now on

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The ones that say "Floyd Rose" and not "Floyd Rose Special" will most likely have Floyd Rose 1000 bridges. Theyre built of the same material as the real Floyd Roses, but built overseas.

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
If you want to own an ESP, now is really the time to get one, that is if you don't mind spending 4000 bucks or more in the future.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
An 8 string H-III with a cockstock or inline 8 would be unreal. Although, am I the only one who's finding it hard to come to grips with paying $1500 for a LTD, even though it is renamed Standard series?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
An 8 string H-III with a cockstock or inline 8 would be unreal. Although, am I the only one who's finding it hard to come to grips with paying $1500 for a LTD, even though it is renamed Standard series?

Then spend just a couple bucks more and get the ESP ESP Horizon etc? Despite popular belief, they did not discontinue or rename the ESP standard series models, just reduced them down quite a bit. The Horizon, Horizon 7, Eclipse, and M-II remain. LTD Elite is its own thing.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
Then spend just a couple bucks more and get the ESP ESP Horizon etc? Despite popular belief, they did not discontinue or rename the ESP standard series models, just reduced them down quite a bit. The Horizon, Horizon 7, Eclipse, and M-II remain. LTD Elite is its own thing.

There's the clarification I needed. Thank you. From what I was reading from other sources, some people made it seem like the elite series was replacing the standard series. Thankfully that's not the case! Thanks again for the clarification.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's the clarification I needed. Thank you. From what I was reading from other sources, some people made it seem like the elite series was replacing the standard series. Thankfully that's not the case! Thanks again for the clarification.

Yeah as an ESP dealer I can assure you that is the case. ESP standards have not been replaced with LTD Elites, they are co-existing. I obviously wish there were more available this year as per previous years, but there's still some left.

Here are the ESP standard models still being offered:

Horizon NT-II
Horizon NT-7
Horizon FR-II
Horizon FR-27
Horizon FR-7
Horizon HRF
M-II Maple
M-II Rosewood
Eclipse II EMG
Eclipse II SD

and then of course your ESP MIJ signature models ala Stephen Carpenter, Alexi Laiho, Kirk Hammett, Will Adler, etc.

')