ESP LTD de Luxe M1000 (first version)

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
ok.. here is my first Review!

ESP LTD de Luxe M1000 (first version)

4mij6l1.jpg

ok.. i got this guitar some year ago.. now is aviable another model with the same name that sucks and costs about 700euro less than mine.. different body, different sound, different construction.. i recently played this last version in the plave were i bought my ESP sc607.. really orrible.. by the way, this first version of M1000, when i bought it, was the top of LTD de luxe series and was not aviable in europe. I order and bought it in NY. and i pay ONLY of custom clearance and taxes something like 600 euros for importing it in Italy.. the guitar was 1999 US dollars (without case).

Features:

* NECK-THRU-BODY CONSTRUCTION
* 25.5" SCALE
* ALDER BODY
* 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK
* ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
* ABALONE ARROWHEAD INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET
* EMG 81 ACTIVE PICKUPS
* VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY SWITCH
* BLACK HARDWARE
* ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE
* WHITE W/ABALONE BINDING ON NECK & HEADSTOCK
* 24 XJ FRETS

i hope they are all true, couse of this model i really can't find nothing on the web..

Playability: i never play a guitar more comfortable. the NECK-THRU-BODY CONSTRUCTION make all the neck really flat.. and this model has the thinist neck of all the LTD series, or so was at the time..
The tuning is really precise.. the guitar stay in tune for weeks, and i use a lot the wbar!
The original floyd rose is incredible precise too. even with one or two strings broken the other strings remain in tune.. don't ask me what is possible.. you can play, broke 2 strings and end to play the song with the guitar perfectly tuned.
The Hardware is not the best.. really cool and signed ESP, but not the of best..
I noticed (after years of using this guitar a lot a day) that the fingerboard is well done.. and the frets (i mind dunlop 6000) are really enduring. from the date of buying i have the same frets on..
after buying it i had to set the action that was really high..

Sound: EMG81 on NECK-THRU and Alder body (the same of Vai's Ibz)= incredible sustain. it sounds really aggressive on each distrortion and at the same time really precise on sound. you can hold your gain at maximum and do a muted fast scale on the last strings and listen perfectly all the notes. but i mind that EMG81 are well noted to everyone =)
at the moment i use it tuned DGCFAD and sounds really aggressive!

Value: i pay the right.. 1999 US dollars, for the last arrived and top LTD del luxe sounds to me the right.. then i was in love of it.. :wub: the 600 euros of taxes i payed for returning in Italy were really extorionate :wallbash:

Summary: i was a child when i saw it for the first time, my guitar idols was palyn' all ESP guitars, (and they still play ESP), and this guitar was my big dream.. tks to my father i got it and till now i mind that was the best thing i've ever done. This guitar, like carpenter SC607 is the demonstration that some LTD really sounds good! :lol:

:noplease: i have a bad english.. :noplease: eheh.. i take an our to write this.. and for SURE something is written wrong.. plz tell me what to correct! =)

FINAL SCORE: 4.5 out of 5.0.

special tks to zimbloth for inspiring me in the structure of this review!

:wavey:

pics: neck design
vids of me playn' this guitar (bad sound, recorded with Mobilephone!): #1, #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xykhron

Reaction score
Good review. Just one note: why do you say the fretboard is the only thing well built in this guitar?.

By the way, I think your model has the same specs as the new ones, except for body material, that now is mahogany....but this guitar looks fine!!

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
mmmm.. i say this? were? surely i wrote wrong.. my english sucks.. =(

the guitar is really well done.. everything.. =) i want say this.. =)
tks for the correction.. =)

the guitar has something different.. i mind body, fingerboard and neck.. i have at home (far from me 2000km) a big poster of my guitar with the right construct chart.. at the end of september i'll go home, and i'll correct this chart i posted provisionally.. =)

edit: ok man! i correct the error.. eheh.. you know.. i'm not english.. i write something, then i correct and correct and correct.. the word ONLY was surely part of another phrase construct i tryed.. eheh.. now i deleted it.. =)

tks man!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wait - did you pay $2000 USD for an LTD Deluxe??

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
yup.. a coupple of years ago.. =) was the price that ESP official site suggest at the time.. i don't know if you remember, but some years ago in the official ESP site, on the page of guitar models were even the price.. =)

man, now ESP has resized prices, but at that times the Hammet model was about 5k US dollars.. try to remember..

edit: i remember that only ONE emg81 was about 320euros in italy.. :|

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. I'm sorry but you really got ripped off. 2 years ago if anything the M1000 was cheaper than the about $949USD is goes for now. The body on the newer one is alder just like yours but it now has a flame maple top. In fact everything is exactly the same other than the flame maple top. Which would make it a better guitar.

MetalSir

ESP Fanatic
Reaction score
mmm.. i'm sure about differences.. and about price! =) i look at that poster in my room, desireing that guitar, for really a lot! eheh.. try to compare the weight of the 2 models.. ahah.. =)

now the price is around $949, but in that period the pricing on ESP official website was $1999.. for sure.. =)

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitars don't actaully sell at MSRP. Most sell at street price between $400-500 under MSRP.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:eek: Wow. You paid alot on that one. Nice guitar though and great review. :hbang:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude - thats the price to pay for an ESP not an LTD.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I scored one of these back when i used to play 6 strings for 450$ (Killer deal, huh?). They were BAD ASS guitars. OFR, EMG81's etc, on a guitar like that. and the binding was totally over the top. if they made it in a 7 (Or, if i get a REAL job), i'd love to get another one.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The maple ones are pretty fucking sick, I've used many of them and did a comparo between one (black top) vs an SL2H and it blew the shit outta the SL, no comparison.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool guitar! Glad that you are happy with it. :D

')