ESP LTD H-308 Demo

• Thread starter Zamm Bell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I scrolled down thinking there was a second video, until I realized it was an ss.org ad...

4hpkkh.jpg

LOLWTF!? :lol:

Anyway, that was a great demo. Wish his H-208 demo were as good.

Interesting, seems he installed a string tree. :yesway:

halogen8

Reaction score
Great video and playing! I really dig the sound you are getting from it going through that Engl. This is exactly the type of sound I'm trying to get out of my H308.

I'm using a Pod HD 500 and finally starting to dial in a tone I like on it. I use mostly the "Treadplate" amp which is a Mesa Boogie sim, but I believe the Angel amp is modeled after an Engl so I'll have to play around with that one some more to see if I can get a tone closer to what you are getting.

One question for you Sam - what is the black band you have going over the neck just behind the nut? Is that something you use to mute the strings? I've seen this done before but could never figure out what it's used for.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I think this is the first 8 string demo I've seen by a company/music store that's not just classic rock/nu metal riffs an octave lower. I like it :yesway: great playing, too.

Zamm Bell

My name is Sam Bell
Reaction score
One question for you Sam - what is the black band you have going over the neck just behind the nut? Is that something you use to mute the strings? I've seen this done before but could never figure out what it's used for.

Hey man! Sorry for the late reply, its used to cancel out any ringing behind the nut, as the strings go so low in pitch the body shakes more, you get a little ringing out when you're doing stop start stuff, which especially shows up when recording, and can be annoying. It doesn't mute the strings at all, it doesn't effect any open strings ringing out.

I think there is a better, more scientific explanation for why the ringing happens, but there are a lot of guitarists who do it!

Hope this helps dude :)

bouVIP

Reaction score
God watching this makes me want 1 so bad! Might have to get this instead of another 6 string

')