ESP Ltd. HEX-7?

• Thread starter Velokki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
5007cdd97c69605efb2f0b3100ee.jpg

I'm considering to buy the HEX-7. Anyone have any experiences, comments, tips, recommendations? I'm generally looking for a 7-string with a budget of 1000€, and the HEX-7 seems nice.

Be it hate or love, rags or roses, post it in this thread, I really want your opinions on this guitar!

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skitzoification

Reaction score
I played this before I had a desire to play 7's, BUT, I remember how the neck felt to me. It felt pretty massive in contrast to other 7's I tried. I only lasted a couple minutes on it until I put it back and tried a schecter. the neck :)rolleyes:), It didn't feel slick, and the Matte finish is on the back of the neck too, so be aware of that, or see for yourself.

22km Tombstone

Pro Apologizer
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried one a while back and it was pretty uncomfortable. I didn't like the neck either and the entire thing was just a bit unwieldly. Turned me off V shapes forever.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I must be the odd man out here then, last one I played I absolutely loved.

benjy

Reaction score
I own one. I love it, but there are some cons.

-It's a sig so its more $ ($200-$300) than their regular 7's with similar specs
-It's big, heavy, and easy to get dings and dents on.
-Poor higher fret access

and the positives are:

-High quality
-Amazing fretboard IMO
-Looks

and just to point it out, the 2012 version has a bit of a different headstock.
Try before you buy :yesway:

Skitzoification

Reaction score
the rest of the guitar is good though. the fingerboard is pretty nice, the pickups were good (the place i played it at didn't really have a high-gain amp to suit my testing, but I'm sure it'll deliver in terms of tone), but yeah, It's heavy, get a wiiiiiide strap to go with it.lol the neck was the only turn-off/questionable thing to look into.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
Just get the new V-307 they came out with. A couple good hundred cheaper, and though I am a Behemoth fan, I don't like having signature guitars that much. I think the BC Rich KK Wartribe forever killed it for me...

Latest posts

')