ESP LTD SC 207

• Thread starter ventrella5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ventrella5

Reaction score
Hy guys!

What do you think about this guitar?

Sound good?

Good material?

thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Your typical bolt-on, basswood guitar. I own and F-207 and M-207 and the necks are comparable, which is the reason I picked up the second guitar. I wanted to be able to switch on stage and not have to adjust to a different guitar scale/neck/heel. I prefer the LTD necks over the other guitars I've played in the $400-$800 range, Schecter being my least favorite, Ibanez being a good bit flatter. I grew up on Strats before switching to 7's, and these guitars were an easy transition. I'm not sure if I would like not having a neck pup, though. Something to consider if you play leads.

ventrella5

Reaction score
I'm not interested in the neck PU because i will use this guitar for play only rhytm riffing. I'm not sure on the quality of this instrument because I never play this guitar. Ltd in general are a GOOD guitars, I have a LTD EC-1000 and I'm very prod of her. Who has the ltd SC-207 can advise me?

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
Horrible stock pickups, 8/10 playability, youll need to replace the pickups and itll never be good for anything apart from rock/metal

btsdaniel

Reaction score
I played a 207 for 3/4 years and the rg7321 is a much better guitar. The stock pups on the 7321 are alot better than the 207, although its kinda hit and miss as to whether you get a decent quality 7321.
The ibanez neck is alot thinner too!

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I have an SC-207 that I hot-rodded, and I love it just as much as my 3 other LTD M107's.

Granted, I have heavily modified mine with the EMG 707TW's, a EMG Concentric (dual volume), and EMG Afterburner. With the 2 mini-toggle switches instead of the push/pull pots for the coil-taps, I'm able to get 8 different pickup configurations for a lot of awesome tones - both single coil and humbucker. The other thing I did to mine was I had the fingerboard scalloped from the 15th - 24th frets.

In like a lot of the Ibanez 7's, including the RG7321's. But it's like one of the other members said - you find one that's a little better neck and playability wise if you play a few... But, I have always liked the ESP/LTD 7's since I got my first one over 10 years ago. Not only that, but I chose the ESP/LTD 7's over everything else, because frankly I got bored with everything else and nothing is quite like an ESP.

If your considering one, get one and try it. It's a lot better than most Ibanez's. If you don't like it, you can always trade it in and get an Ibanez. You'll still have to spend money for better pickups and parts anyway...

Just my :2c:...

ventrella5

Reaction score
Ah ok. I prefer ltd sc 207 because I also have an ibanez and i want an other seven string. This week I'm going to play the Ltd.

What do you think about seymour duncan blackout for this guitar?

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Ah ok. I prefer ltd sc 207 because I also have an ibanez and i want an other seven string. This week I'm going to play the Ltd.

What do you think about seymour duncan blackout for this guitar?

I think the Blackouts are okay. I have the Phase 1's in one of my M107's that's tuned to G#. I find the issue I'm having with them is that they are noisy. You play and they feedback bad until you mute the strings. It might be because I've gotta set the height a little bit lower, but I honestly prefer the EMG's myself... And the awesome thing is that all you'll have to do is swap the facto junk pickups with either the EMG's or the Phase 2 Blackouts. No spending extra to have the body re-routed to get them put in!!! YAY!!! And also, you'll be able to do more than just rock/metal with it too... If you get the coil-tap 707's (707TW's), you can get a lot of awesome clean single coil tones without the s.c. hum for clean, jazz and blues stuff with it too. Although the normal 707's will work just as good too!!!

I'll re-set the pickup height on my blackouts and let you know how I make out - if I get any difference or are still noisy.

Ænimus

Ænimus
Reaction score
Hey man the SC-207 can be a good guitar if you get new pickups and some locking tuners. Our old guitarist had this guitar, he had put EMGs in it and it sounded pretty good but when he switched those out for the blackouts it sounded even better. I personally think the neck felt awesome and found the guitar easy to play, oh make sure and get the guitar set up properly when you get it, otherwise you will have some dead frets and terrible intonation. Also something to think about is getting all black hardware or painting the hardware black, it will look much better. After the couple upgrades I would give the guitar an 8.5/10

Good luck man!

Alwballe

Reaction score
The SC 207 is a "okey" guitar. theres nothing wrong about the playability. Atleast not compaired to the price of it. The other guitarist in my band has one, and with better pickups its actually a quite good axe. and its acceptable even with the stock ones. also, the scale length isnt that good, i wouldnt get anything below 27", but maybe thats just me.

another recomendation would be to check out the agile guitars at RondoMusic.
alot more guitar for yer money and it might even be cheaper.
been using theyre 8 and 7 strings for a while now and cant say enough good things about them.

')