ESP LTD SC-607B Refinishing Project

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Bad ass knob idea dude. Can't wait to see the end result!

And unrelated, but c'mon. No pics of that beast on wheels behind your guitar?!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LtdRay

Reaction score
I've been following this build since the beginning and can't wait till See the finished product.

jake7doyle

Reaction score
Just starred reading this from the beginning, such an interesting read. Looks incredible so far, and im sure this is going to turn out stunning!!

EpicFlail

Reaction score
UUUUUUPPPPPPPDDDDDDDAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't lost interest. For those of you who remember, I shipped this thing to Oklahoma to do some heavy work. Well, I came back to California nearly broke and didn't have the funds to ship it back. Five days ago, I bought a new car in Oklahoma. I flew down, picked up my new ride, went home, gathered everything up, picked up a hitchhiker, and made the 23 hour drive to Los Angeles. I'm here now. I have my guitar, tools, and equipment in my living room as I speak.

A lot has happened over the past few months. My computer broke, so I haven't been checking SSO at all. My car also catastrophically broke, hence the new vehicle purchase. I've acquired a loaner iPad to use, so I can now make regular updates!

No pictures now, because I can't seem to make photobucket work on is damn thing. I started sanding the fretboard taper flush with the neck. It's still hella thick, so after I get the correct profile, I'll use the radius block to both radius and take it down to the correct thickness.

There is also some glue residue, cork residue (from the neck caul), and some towel residue (from the towel I used to keep the clamps from gouging the neck) on the neck from when I hurriedly glued the fretboard on nearly two months ago that I need to clean up.

I'm excited to get this started again. My roomie is gone for an entire week, so I'll be able to work in the living room uninterrupted for six more days. You better expect a metric ass-ton of updates. And hopefully pictures. :hbang:

It's good to be back, guys. I've missed you all so much. Not to mention, I've also missed playing with seven strings. I've been stuck with six. That really sucked. :lol:

....and you all thought I abandoned this project. :nono: I'm back and I have a mission.

EDIT: I also got Instagram over my hiatus, so I may or may not post some extremely hipster, sepia, bordered pictures. I'll hopefully refrain until I finish it, but no promises.

Edika

Reaction score
Good to have you back man! Sorry to hear about all the stuff that happened but it seems that everything is coming under control! We will be waiting patiently for your updates and as you know, in this forum there is no such thing as too many pictures!

nsimonsen

Reaction score
YO!

Just caught up on this thread and wow, so stoked to see this progress.
Glad to see that you're getting back to it after a bit of a rough run.

Also, what's your Instagram username haha

Reaction score
I too am very interested in seeing the end result of this thing. I am always intriuged when someone does something completely out of the ordinary with thier ESP 7 and like to see what ideas I can get for a future project one day.

I am sorry to hear about your vehicular troubles my man, and I know your pain all too well. My truck started spitting spark plugs out of the head and that was the sign to get something new. So I - like you - have a new ride and am making car payments again.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more updates on this when they become available!!!

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Awesome stuff meng!

You make my little mods seem very.....well, little ..

" I replaced the binding and the fretboard and put piezo paddles and a bridge saddle and new knobs on that I hand carved from a tree that I cut down myself...
What mods did you do? "

"Oh. Well, I put strap locks on.... and those funny colored strings...."

Just kidding. Keep up the waaaaay-above-average work!
You are inspirational!

I actually do cut down trees...

:)

" And here's a guitar that I actually carved by hand from a larger guitar!"

Latest posts

')