ESP/LTD Stef B-8, 608B, LTD FM-408 Thread

• Thread starter dowenprs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nexbot

Reaction score
What's the score with bending on that thing given the shorter scale and lack of locking nut?

I haven't played the FM, but the 608B is the same scale as the 2228, 27". Bending is very comfortable.

Also for those of you wondering, there is a case for it. I think the only way to get one is through an independently owned ESP dealer though.

Do you know what the model number for the case is? I need one.

And congrats!

I JUST ordered it from Sam Ash.com, told them I wanted the case for the new ESP 8 string. Done.

i forgot it doesnt come with a case

It does not, but seeing as the case comes in at under $100, the LTD 608B with the additional cost of the case still comes out cheaper than the Ibby that comes with a case.

Splees

splees
Reaction score
I just got back from trying out the fm408 and the rg2228 again. I was very IMPRESSED with the 408.

Splees

splees
Reaction score
Enough to buy it over the Ibanez; for me at least. the scale wasn't even an issue. it sounded pretty good through a valvetronix and ac30 i tried out. I don't play much metal any more but I can still dial in some decent metal tones... especially with the fm408. i have to wait on the agile first before i think about getting the LTD though. :D

tonymustang302

Reaction score
so then what..... 408 or 608???? i cant decide, im sitting waiting to pick one and you guys arent helping lol. I might as well just get a 607B and tune it down.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
An ESP dealer told me there was no case for my FM-408 (my personal motto is "Remain Sceptical!" which I can assure you I stuck with in this situation) so I put the thing in a standard ESP 6 string Horizon case, latched it up without any excess force being placed on the guitar in any way, stood it up and wobbled the whole thing from side to side and there was no movement whatsoever. As happy as I'd be with an actual specific case for the FM-408, I'm pretty happy with the 6 string ESP case after seeing how well it fitted.

Reaction score
id like to know aswell

id definitely want to try out an alder bodied 8

Yeah, I think it looks better with the Ebony instead of the "SRC" inlayed Rosewood. But I dont know about the Adler I dont think I have ever reallyplayed adler before :lol: and I know the price is out there but what ever right? :lol: there is some people that bought the Dean RC7 so I think the STEF-8 wouldnt me much different on the spending end then that right?

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it looks better with the Ebony instead of the "SRC" inlayed Rosewood. But I dont know about the Adler I dont think I have ever reallyplayed adler before :lol: and I know the price is out there but what ever right? :lol: there is some people that bought the Dean RC7 so I think the STEF-8 wouldnt me much different on the spending end then that right?

eh would much rather spend the money on the RC7 than spend the money on a wood upgrade(or downgrade?) and an ebony fretboard when imo the LTD is enough for me

')