ESP/LTD Stef B-8, 608B, LTD FM-408 Thread

• Thread starter dowenprs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
eh would much rather spend the money on the RC7 than spend the money on a wood upgrade(or downgrade?) and an ebony fretboard when imo the LTD is enough for me

that is true I just dont like the SRC inlay :lol: But I think I would do the same thing or just get a custom from Rico Jr maybe

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
that is true I just dont like the SRC inlay :lol: But I think I would do the same thing or just get a custom from Rico Jr maybe

Yeah id get a custom. If i were to spend thousands on a custom, id want it to be MY custom and not someone elses :lol:

dreamermind

Steel Panther Fan
Reaction score
I've played LTD SC608b through Vetta and I don't liked it.
may be with good compression and overdrive (NOT distortion) you'll hear the difference between the notes of first 5 frets on the 8 string .The sound of pickups were muddy.IMHO

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Huh? Like them or not, I thought most people agreed that if there is anything EMGs are not, it's muddy. :scratch:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Quite the opposite, in fact. Many people find them to be cold and sterile. I think they're "hi-fi" sounding... you can really hear the sound of the string.

Something that may affect people's experience with EMGs is they have very weak magnets and need to be set VERY close to the strings to get maximum impact from the preamp.

Reaction score
Quite the opposite, in fact. Many people find them to be cold and sterile. I think they're "hi-fi" sounding... you can really hear the sound of the string.

Something that may affect people's experience with EMGs is they have very weak magnets and need to be set VERY close to the strings to get maximum impact from the preamp.

is this true for the blackouts also?

and thanks for the info

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
is this true for the blackouts also?

and thanks for the info
I found it far different for blackouts. EMGs were a pain in the ass for that aforementioned reason, but I find myself LOWERING the blackouts to get a better clean sound. If I'm playing something with balls to the wall distortion, I put them up high and rip off face :agreed:

Reaction score
I found it far different for blackouts. EMGs were a pain in the ass for that aforementioned reason, but I find myself LOWERING the blackouts to get a better clean sound. If I'm playing something with balls to the wall distortion, I put them up high and rip off face :agreed:

I see

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
So I'm about to pull the trigger on an SC608, we'll see how it fares against my not-so-big hands! :lol:

T0mass

Reaction score
Well it's "Official" I've been contacted by ESP's quality control representative. He's looked at the pictures, had meetings with there production and quality control people, even the person who signed off on the QC sticker. This LTD / FM-408 is possibly a one of a kind prototype, or at most one of a VERY VERY limited early run (like less than 10). They're going to do a bit more digging to see how many exist in circulation for sure. From my conversations, it seems that it's release to market may have been unintentional.

Just thought you all might be interested.

nexbot

Reaction score
That is soooo freakin' cool! Did you contact ESP or did they stumble on your pics?

Please update us on what you find out! And BTW, are you gonna keep it? Let me know if you plan to sell it.

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is looking to buy this guitar, I definitely reccomend it. I have owned it for about 4 months and I can only think of 2 clear problems:

1) no trem system (which is understandable)
2) the placement of the neck pickup is annoying, and if you do a lot of sweep picking it gets in the way.

aside from that, if you are able to scrape up the money, definitely go for this

G0DLESSENDEAVOR

Reaction score
I'm caught between the Schecter Hellraiser, and a STEF-B8. Price wise, the Schecter at 899.00, (799.00 for my recent finding from the seller funky monkey on ebay. A blemish and a re-do on the nut.) I'm on the look out for a good 8 string that will last a life time for amateur recorder/producer and composer. So anything under 4,000.00 is my limit.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
If your limit is $4000, talk to a luthier like Sherman or Oni.

')