ESP/LTD Stef B-8, 608B, LTD FM-408 Thread

• Thread starter dowenprs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody got an SC608b they'd trade for an Ibanez RG1527RB with blackouts? I wanna give 8s a try, and that seems like a very solid guitar!

Now I'm looking to maybe try my hand at the 608b or perhaps a not so pampered b8, and I'm looking to trade my 2027xvv with piezos. I'm itching for an 8, and it's between this and the 2228.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gallowsforgrace

Gallows For Grace
Reaction score
I have the SC-608B and it's absolutely great.
I've tried the RG2888 and found the neck a little wide for my liking.
I found this surprising as I've always primarily been an Ibanez 7 string player.
The SC-608B has a bit of a narrower width and a more comfortable all around feel in my opinion.
The only thing it's lacking is a neck pickup!
I'm thinking of installing one.:hbang:

Reaction score
Get the ESP. Why? Because you're paying $1200 for a carved top, ebony fretboard, mahogany body, locking tuners, and a hipshot bridge. As opposed to $1800 plus for a rosewood fretboard, basswood body, and a tremolo (I just don't like trems).
Just my two cents.

davidengel

Reaction score
Hey guys new member and stuff here, I recently bought the ESP LTD SC608-B for a steal, $550 off of some guy on Craigslist. All I can say is that this guitar is fucking awesome, compared to what I used to primarily play.

:hbang:

KenAncients

Reaction score
I own this guitar and I actually use the lowest F# tuned to drop A, I've had no problem with it and I love it. Im getting custom paint within the next couple of months, i hate that i spend 1200 on a guitar thats black.... and rosewood, but other then that its exactly what i was wanting. I wouldnt recommend someone buying an 8 string to use as their only guitar, but it's a great addition to have.

migreeni

Reaction score
I'm getting da SC608b next week. I only have one minor problem with it. It has Stephen's autograph on the damn fretboard! Any of you guys ever customized your fretboards? Does anyone have an idea what (=how much) would it take to remove the signature and maybe add new inlays throughout the whole fretboard?

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I'm getting da SC608b next week. I only have one minor problem with it. It has Stephen's autograph on the damn fretboard! Any of you guys ever customized your fretboards? Does anyone have an idea what (=how much) would it take to remove the signature and maybe add new inlays throughout the whole fretboard?

It's not so bad man. The vast majority of people (and guitarists, probably) don't even know who Stef Carpenter is (even if they know the Deftones). Plus, it doesn't look that ridiculous. I think it's a half decent inlay for the 12th fret. Could be worse, to be honest...

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Stephen's older models that had a natural finish and even a green one was probably the most creative guitar's in his line. Since then it's just black with the LTD's having a clown's initials at the 12th fret. Not really going to fork out three grand for a plain guitar.

Does anyone on these forums work for a big-name guitar-brand?

Metal guitarists like colors other than black... get that through your thick bloody skulls (and we don't think EMG's are God's gift to music)... Bloody hell...

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Metal guitarists like colors other than black...

i19864_StephenCarpentersESPs.jpg

stef-b7.jpg

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Metal guitarists like colors other than black... get that through your thick bloody skulls (and we don't think EMG's are God's gift to music)... Bloody hell...

Gee... I own two FM-408s... and I don't play ANY metal gigs! *laugh*

However, the SC models were made because of SC, so if there's an issue with the color, I guess the one to criticise would be SC.

(...i do like the fm-408, in spite of the inlay at the 12th fret and color... they are nice axes and relatively inexpensive...)

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Gee... I own two FM-408s... and I don't play ANY metal gigs! *laugh*

However, the SC models were made because of SC, so if there's an issue with the color, I guess the one to criticise would be SC.

(...i do like the fm-408, in spite of the inlay at the 12th fret and color... they are nice axes and relatively inexpensive...)

I quite like ESP's to be honest. Even some of their 'cheaper' models feel quite good to me to be honest. I actually think their more straightforward super-strat models are better than most of the stuff they're churning out... they seem to lose the plot when the price goes up incrementally, for whatever reason haha... and I am also massively jonesing for an SC607... the sunburst or natural finish makes me literally smile because its just such a wonderful guitar...

ncbrock

Reaction score
wow, I REALLY like grey one on his right hand (left hand looking at it). maybe its the lighting and its really black, but i like grey

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
if anyone is interested i will be doing a N8SGD soon(LTD sc608B)
a new replacement for my stolen B8

Ippon

Nobody
Reaction score
Hey guys new member and stuff here, I recently bought the ESP LTD SC608-B for a steal, $550 off of some guy on Craigslist. All I can say is that this guitar is fucking awesome, compared to what I used to primarily play.

:hbang:
PM me when you get tired of it! :)

:cheers:

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, I was still sleeping when the doorbell rang, didnt even have the time to put in my contacts lol.

IMG_0010-1.jpg

')