ESP/LTD Stef B-8, 608B, LTD FM-408 Thread

• Thread starter dowenprs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone on these forums work for a big-name guitar-brand?

Metal guitarists like colors other than black... get that through your thick bloody skulls (and we don't think EMG's are God's gift to music)... Bloody hell...

I agree with you as far as colors OTHER THAN black... Give us some damn variety, WTF? All I'll say is I love the EMG's... And I'm NOT about to waste my money on a set of BKP's that I've never heard for myself to determine if I like them or not - that's money I can put towards another 7 or my 8-string... I know EMG's aren't for everyone, but all I will ever use now is the EMG's. They are my tone and sound after 15 years of searching and trying just about everything...

Gee... I own two FM-408s...

Lucky bastard, must be nice... :wallbash: God I hate being broke and NOT being able to buy new gear!!! FUCK!!!!!:realmad::scream: And here I am, can't even find or afford one... :noplease:

i19864_StephenCarpentersESPs.jpg

Must be nice to have an endorsement deal, and get your guitars in whatever color you want... And does anybody else notice something with the baby blue on on the right (3rd guitar to the right from green one in center, top row...)... It looks like he's got a 7-string there that's got his original 3-pickup configuration in it - I wonder how long he's been holding out the EMG 7-string single coil for if that's not a 3rd humbucker in there... I'm willing to bet that he don't even play half of those guitars in that picture, which sucks even worse...

Like I said, must be nice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
if anyone is interested i will be doing a N8SGD soon(LTD sc608B)
a new replacement for my stolen B8

Dude, I am soooo sorry to hear that... I am cringing for you. And I bet the LTD is nowhere near what the actual B8 is like either, which sucks even more...

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, what about cabs for 8s? Want to hear some opinions :)

To quickly brush on the subject (because it should be in a separate post elsewhere on the boards - so before the two of us catch hell for it...), I was told by several big artists that the tried and true Marshall 1960 412 Stereo cabs are the best. I'm sure that some of the Vader, Mesa, and others are awesome too, but the Marshall's are one of the most common and most tried and true. As for speakers and dealing with such low frequency ranges of the 7 and 8-string guitars, the Celestion K100's are the speakers to use. They have a lot of the tight tone range of the G12T75's, but they have a bigger magnet, different voice coils and a 100Watt power rating. The K100's are specially built with lower tunings/7 & 8 string guitars because of such lower frequencies will tend to break up or get muddy on a lot of other speakers, or just don't sound right tone/EQ wise. I had gone to a guitar clinic with Slipknot's Mick Thomson and he was the one that had advised the crowd that night about them. From what I have heard in audio samples and in-person, the K100's are the thing to use for ERG's, 7's and deeply drop-tuned 6's.

Hope this helps... Now back to the ESP 8's!!!

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
No offense but Mick is probably the last person whose tone I'd want to emulate. Most guys using 7-8's that I see all seem to use Orange cabs or just run direct.

elite8

Banned
Reaction score
No offense but Mick is probably the last person whose tone I'd want to emulate. Most guys using 7-8's that I see all seem to use Orange cabs or just run direct.

which is essentially a copy of a marshall cab

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score

To an extent, yes... However, if those using the Orange cabs are using the PPC412HP, then that one IS loaded with the Celestion K100's. All the other Orange cabs are loaded with the Vintage 30's, which would NOT sound anywhere near good for a 7 or an 8-string.

And again, the K100's weren't specifically built for Mick Thomson... They were built because there was enough of a demand for a higher powered speaker with better voicings and better tone dynamics for the lower tunings and frequencies of the 7- and 8-string guitars as compared to the G12T75's... The G12T75's sound awesome, but since guys like us are dealing with pretty much a baritone/bass tone and frequency range, there should be speakers that are built and suited for such applications and that can handle such madness.

Now back to the ESP 8's, before we all take a short nap for cluttering up this board with speaker chatter... :cool:

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I have yet to see a marshall cab that remotely looks/feels/sounds like an Orange. Marshalls are some of the worst sounding cabs IMO, especially the angled ones. Marshalls use MDF not just wood, and you can tell just by looking at them they're not as thick either. The old original ones that were solid wood are a completely different story which brings up another brand, Bogner which theirs are modeled after the 69' marshall 4x12.

As for cabs and 8's I've had some artists tell me to get the best sound out of one you have to run it with an 18in sub and that's what they were doing in the studio (Kris ex. Darkest Hour being one). Obviously a lot of the guys now are doing it with things like the AxeFX and then going direct so the cabs don't really matter so much as they're using them for stage volume if anything.

LaPerraLoca

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this old, OLD, thread.. i know i will burn in hell, (i would like a room with a view to the hell's abysm, thank you)

But im on the hunt for this guitar.
They didint had the SC-607b, so i asked for the 608, they are getting that on the store so i can try it.

I've never played a ERG, and i thought that if i go for 7 now, ( 10 years late ) in a couple of months i will want a 8 string, so i thought, why not, lets go straight with the 8th.

So, any news, reviews with this guitar?
i only found like 4 reviews on guitars over the internet, and they suck! one being from a guy (Xxx Frozen XXX ) trying to play some lame ass metalica cover on one review...

Damn! the video was like "dude gets a great guitar, and doesnt have a clue on guitar"

So, any new thoughts? any news from the shire my friends?

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I'm sorry, but I have to ask... how did you find this topic, but miss the various New Guitar Threads and other writings about the 608B?

Even using the notoriously bad SS.org search function, I found a crapload of topics and discussion by typing "608b" into the search field.

LaPerraLoca

Reaction score
Some photos of a 608B from Musikmesse Frankfurt 2009.

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IM loving all the Random coments i read about this guitar.

Is there any reviews ? owners post? or something?

Ive search before and havent had any luck, also you tube, has a lame kid doing some kind of scales.... and that was all the reviews that i could find.

Please post a link if you know any good info about this axe!

LaPerraLoca

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but im looking the forum, when ever i go to the bathroom, or my boss is away from the officce... so, MY BAD.

Gitte

Reaction score
i recently got my esp/ltd 308 with emg 808s. until now, i really like the shorter scale. here's a little video with some ideas i had.

johnny_ace

Reaction score
Got my ltd sc608b today...couldn't put it down..love it...until my wife got home and told me,"hope you had fun cause i'm wrapping it " :(

')