ESP/LTD summer 2011 lineup

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
The good: No more stupid abalone, nice selection of single cut finishes, P-90s, and a Strat with a Floyd. All big plusses in my book.

The bad: I'm sure that those metal musicians who would buy a seven string guitar might buy one that came in something other than black.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
The good: No more stupid abalone, nice selection of single cut finishes, P-90s, and a Strat with a Floyd. All big plusses in my book.

The bad: I'm sure that those metal musicians who would buy a seven string guitar might buy one that came in something other than black.
there's always the white Eclipse.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
I, for one, never got the EMG hate.

If you like them, great! If you don't, replace them! Sell the EMGs on eBay and get what you want. Everyone wins!

Now, rosewood boards...:nono:

GRRG_Djent

DIY Guitartist
Reaction score
I very much agree... Far too many models being introduced all with EMGs... And the lack of any Maple fretboard/1 peice Maple neck and fretboard on 7 string models is a total bummer. For once they should do something Classy and clean, and stray away from the typical "Metal" 7 string. My next purchase is no doubt going to be a Carvin, Sorry ESP but your lack of branching out into new territory has made me relinquish my guitar brand monogamy. How about a 7 string MH with some direct mount passive pickups, Floyd Rose Original and a maple fretboard? Swamp Ash body would be a plus. Just saying.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
These guitars have to mass marketable.

Not SS.Org approved.

While many residents here are begging for more colors, and options, these types of guitars are not in that high of a demand, and the company is trying to market something that can be sold through vendors easily. EMGs, regular black paint, standard scales that most people can easily use off the bat to make the transition to 7s and eventually 8s if it goes that far easier.

How many kids do you know can go from the 24 3/4 scale guitars, and jump right into a baritone 8 and will actually stick with it? Aside from those really dedicated to it, not many..

You want colors and maple? Get an Agile.

You want to bitch about ESP's lack of offerings? Email them, and tell them you'd like to see more. That's how we finally got more colors out of the EC401FM line, and they're beautiful.

If you like the guitar and the specs enough get it. If you really can't live with EMGs, swap 'em out. It'll look funny as hell, but at least you'll have the sound you want.

brootalboo

My boo
Reaction score
I really want one of these new ESP's but I think I might settle for a used EC-1000, they are on craigslist for pretty cheap :)

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
hate on the new basses.why dont they do some high end cool basses?!?!??!

This is fair. The ESP Standard bass line is pretty thin on the ground... we all need something to drool over :D

I'd quite like to see the Halibut being sold in the west:

halibut_hmon_2010.jpg

')