ESP LTD V-307

• Thread starter allseeingeye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cool, did you play the drums yourself too? Wish I could do that...

Yes, I've been a drummer for nearly as long as I've been a guitarist, which is 25 years now.

I decided to do more proper recording of that RGA8 today. Tell me what you think:
https://soundcloud.com/troy-leblanc/jan10-guitars-bass-drums

Same signal chain as before, only I have added some bass guitar and even out the mix a bit better. There are a few mess ups in this one but I'll blame it on the flu that I've had all week long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
Pretty cool man. Great riffs, and I like the guitar sound on this one. And those toms sound heavy as fuck!!

I just finished recording something a little... different. Kinda surprised myself there. Even though I obviously bought that Harley Benton 8-string for death metal, I decided to take it on a trip down memory lane to the song that first got me interested in playing guitar, long before I got my first Deicide record and my musical tastes branched off in a whole other direction. :D

Every guitar part, including the bass, was recorded using the Harley Benton:

https://soundcloud.com/robrechtv/sultans-of-8-string-swing

I wonder if they are still made in Indonesia... Because I would buy one from there.

I bought mine from ProMusicTools.com, who specialize in ESP/Ltd. Maybe you could ask them?

Reaction score
I'm digging the Dire Straights cover! Mark Knopfler has always been a great guitarist and songwriter, in my opinion, and Sultans of Swing is my favorite song from him. Good job!

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
I'm digging the Dire Straights cover! Mark Knopfler has always been a great guitarist and songwriter, in my opinion, and Sultans of Swing is my favorite song from him. Good job!

Thanks! Yeah, I still like him a lot, just haven't listened to Dire Straits in ages...

Harleymonster930

Reaction score
Dude where is the imput jack is it the top wing of it? or bottom cause i hate chords getting in the way so i want a guitar thats pretty convient :D

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
Dude where is the imput jack is it the top wing of it? or bottom cause i hate chords getting in the way so i want a guitar thats pretty convient :D

It's in the top wing, just above the strap button, recessed and kind of pointing upwards in the direction along the wing. Honestly it's never gotten in the way for me.

Lots of pics here, if you're interested (follow the link in the first post):
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...gd-esp-ltd-v-307-pointy-picture-overload.html

heavenhand

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here on SS.

I recently purchased a new LTD V-307 from Vermont and got it shipped home overseas.

I have a terrible problem with the size of this guitar. Not that it bothers me while playing, but its case is bigger than a coffin and it's a nightmare going to gigs with it.
I have been searching for a suitable gig bag for quite a while now and can't find anything because of this guitar's massive wingspan.

Do you guys have any ideas where I could buy a reasonably priced gig bag? Having it custom made would take it too long as I need it before the upcoming tour and I think the price would be too high.

Thank you for your help.

Michael Decker

Reaction score
I have had mine for 5 years already, I love it! The one issue I had is I had to upgrade the bridge and I am changing the stock tuners to locking, the originals seem to stick and do not glide well. The guitar is really comfortable to play live, no sore shoulder. I tune to Drop G. I used 13-74 but switched to 11-65/70. Same gauge setup as jake bowman, as my JBM27 is setup that way. I wish they also made is as a 27 or 26.5. I find the 25.5 scale a little shirt for low dropped tunings.

You can hear the way it sounds on my bandcamp page. My band is BornBroken

I can’t add links yet.

CB7FDEBB-DF36-4E09-BF7C-5E0CEC10071F.jpeg

')