ESP LTD Viper 407 Pics (Extreme close Ups! 56K Be afraid, be very afraid!!)

• Thread starter Rich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got this about a week ago, but only just got my camera working today. I'd originally planned on getting a Schecter 7 string, but finding one in the UK was a pain in the ass so it was this or the RG7321. I've owned a Viper 400 for a year and still love it, so I went for the 407.:metal:

The satin finish looks really nice, especially with the white binding on the neck. It's a bit of a pain to keep clean though. The neck feels a lot slimmer that I was expecting. Like all SG style guitars it's quite neck-heavy, but I'm a 100% bedroom guitarist and play sitting down most of the time so it's not a problem for me.

Specs can be found here http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_viper.html

viper407k.jpg

viper407f.jpg

viper407e.jpg

viper407j.jpg

viper407h.jpg

viper407i.jpg

viper407c.jpg

viper407b.jpg

viper407g.jpg

viper407l.jpg

viper407d.jpg

viper407a.jpg

viper407m.jpg

viper407n.jpg

I didn't have enough room to put them all together, so here's my other guitars and basses:

Aria2.jpg

Aria1.jpg

Fullerton.jpg

GSR205.jpg

bass.jpg

Hope the pics aren't too huge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
How does the neck compare to an RG7321? If you've played it, since you said it was down to the two. I really want to get a new guitar and this is one of my choices, I just haven't had a chance to play one.

Rich

Reaction score
NegaTiveXero said:
How does the neck compare to an RG7321?

It was a while between playing the RG7321 and playing this, but the two felt quite similar to me. The Viper feels a bit bigger maybe, but not enough to make a huge difference. The back of the neck on the Viper is a lot flatter than I though it would be, and the satin finish gives it a similar feel to the RG7321. Also the whole guitar just felt more solid than the RG7321.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Extreme closeup is right. No ESP store around so I wouldn't be able to test one.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
is it a wicked pain to clean that guitar? looks like the slightest amount of oil would make a mess on it.

killer though ... i wouldn't mind one myself.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I had one of those briefly. The neck shape really is just about perfect. I couldn't get used to the neck-heaviness or the position of the neck when you are standing with the guitar, which is a problem for me with all SG bodied guitars. Apart from that, it wasn't bad, and if it had had a strat body I'd probably have kept it.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That guitar is freaking beatiful, man \m/

kill some n00bs with it.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a really nice guitar man:agreed: Im still stuck choosing between this and the Hellraiser as a non trem 7, the neck on my LTD M-307 still looks thinner though.

okta

Reaction score
NICE! Post up A sound clip soon...let us hear how it screams!!:metal:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yngwie said:
Thats a really nice guitar man:agreed: Im still stuck choosing between this and the Hellraiser as a non trem 7, the neck on my LTD M-307 still looks thinner though.
From my experience, get the Viper.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiiice guitarz.

If it had the "regular" Sg shape, i definitly would get one, since the Sg's are by far my favorite "old school" guitars. I've got a cream / gold hardware Epi Sg-400 Custom hangin' on the wall just so i can look at it... (well, almost, since its missing a string).:agreed:

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I was determined to get one, but changed my mind when I started to think about the weight balance issue. I still think they're cool. I played at 6-string Viper and it was a kickass guitar.

Rich

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys!

metalfiend666 said:
Nice. Which store did you get it from?

I got it from the Guitar & Amp Centre in Brighton. I don't really like that shop too much, but nowhere else around here has anywhere near as much stuff. I had to get it special ordered though, the guy told me it would be about a week, and a month later I finally got it :rolleyes:

The other guitars, in case anyone is wondering, are:

The green thing: It's an Aria Pro II, I have no idea what model though, and despite some serious googling still can't find one like it. I got it on my 12th birthday in 1994, didn't think to ask what it was and the shop has long since disappeared.

The strat is a really cheap Aria Pro II Fullerton. It's not great, but it's about 8 or 9 years old (I think :scratch: ) and still plays pretty well. It's handy for playing around with different tunings.

The 5 string bass is another cheap one; an Ibanez GSR205. It buzzes and rattles and sounds a bit crap, but it's fun to play around with every now and then.

The other bass was once a Hohner Rockwood LX90B Fender rip off with a really ugly sunburst finish (when looking for a pic I found one on ebay for £16 :lol: ). It looked like this until I reshaped it with a rusty old coping saw :hbang: :

hohnerrockwoodbass.jpg

')