ESP LTD Viper 407 Pics (Extreme close Ups! 56K Be afraid, be very afraid!!)

• Thread starter Rich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hucker

Reaction score
Have to add a couple of thoughts here.

I got a Viper 407 a little while ago myself - great guitar. And, the neck weight can be fixed by moving the strap-thingy from the back over to the horn. Two minutes with a dremel and a screwdriver, and things get much better. Did it on mine (yeah, feels a bit painful drilling in wood that costs a little.... ;)).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think that guitar is beautiful, the only reason I haven't bought one myself is because of those flag inlays... i just hate those things, I know thats petty but I can't help it.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Wow man! I love that Viper, and the satin finish, kill me!

BTW, nice Vipers, and that green explorer with some black dings, looks very nice!

jtm45

Reaction score
I've been tempted by these a few times:metal:
They're a beautiful looking guitar,especially for the price.

You'll have to do a full review on it for us Rich.

How much was it where you bought it?

I've seen them for £534 with free delivery.
They're a lot cheaper in the U.S. but then you've gotta' deal with the shipping costs and Import Tax/Duty etc.

etohk

Reaction score
+1 for the viper 407, its my fave

DSC00158.jpg

le_ackt

Le-ackt
Reaction score
Is the 407 Viper the only current 7 string ESP offers ? I m on thier site , looks like this is the only one or the Carpenter's Signature model ~

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah but theres a few different Carpenter models to choose from. the MIJ Baritone 7, the MIJ standard 7, the LTD baritone in mahogany, LTD baritone in maple, LTD standard 7, LTD budget 7.

I have to say the Viper 407 looks a lot better in these "actual" pics than in catalogues. I'm almost tempted.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yeah but theres a few different Carpenter models to choose from. the MIJ Baritone 7, the MIJ standard 7, the LTD baritone in mahogany, LTD baritone in maple, LTD standard 7, LTD budget 7.

I have to say the Viper 407 looks a lot better in these "actual" pics than in catalogues. I'm almost tempted.
Yeah it does look better. I've always hated the SG body, but the Viper shape is different enough that I like it.

Reaction score
thanks man for posting the up close pics i couldnt find any pics of it anywhere. Im saving up for it now, only 300 bucks to go.

Brord

Furor Teutonicus
Reaction score
Thats a really nice guitar man:agreed: Im still stuck choosing between this and the Hellraiser as a non trem 7, the neck on my LTD M-307 still looks thinner though.

I'm also kinda stuck between these two.

I actuallylike the Viper beter then the Hellraiser. 'Tis the rhythm beast.

can u explain what it is that u like better about the viper?

From my experience, get the Viper.

same question, what makes u pick the viper over the hellraiser?

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
/\ :lol:

Dude.....Viper is good guitar for the money. It's light, comfortable, mahagony all around, 25.5", nice inlays, wood is good quality (not like in Schecter).

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I had one of those briefly. The neck shape really is just about perfect. I couldn't get used to the neck-heaviness or the position of the neck when you are standing with the guitar, which is a problem for me with all SG bodied guitars. Apart from that, it wasn't bad, and if it had had a strat body I'd probably have kept it.

My thoughts exactly. I thought the neck felt absolutely great, but the dive completely kills it for me, especially since I'm a total chest rocker when it comes to sevens. I kinda miss that guitar, due to the really nice neck and the fact that it looks so goddamned cool!

Ironically, I have since picked up a Gibson SG Special, which doesn't dive at all. Weird.

')