ESP M-II 1993 vs Deluxe - which is a better deal?

• Thread starter andriusd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

andriusd

Reaction score
Which one of these ESP M-II do you think is a better deal: a 1993 pre-signature KH model M-II or M-II Deluxe (with two humbuckers, "ESP Custom Guitars" on the back of the headstock, no serial number)? Which one has a better chance of being a better guitar?
I can't try and compare them since they're online, in other states. The 1993 costs a bit more, but I assume that's because it's being sold by a shop, and I don't mind the price difference because it's affordable to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The MII Deluxe I had was a pre-sig KH. Quite possibly the meanest sounding guitar I've ever owned. BUT the Floyd style Kahler was gnarled out and replacing it would've cost me way more than I wanted to pay. An OFR is not a drop in option. If one of those has an OFR on it, I'd get that. Otherwise the only difference is the number of knobs. Specs are the same. Amazing guitars.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I was told mine was a Deluxe, but it's been a while. For some reason that info stuck with me. Mine actually had "Custom" on the headstock.
headstock.jpg

headstockback.jpg

front.jpg

andriusd

Reaction score
The Deluxe that I am considering has "Deluxe" on the front of the headstock and it doesn't have skull inlays :)

andriusd

Reaction score
The MII Deluxe I had was a pre-sig KH. Quite possibly the meanest sounding guitar I've ever owned. BUT the Floyd style Kahler was gnarled out and replacing it would've cost me way more than I wanted to pay. An OFR is not a drop in option. If one of those has an OFR on it, I'd get that. Otherwise the only difference is the number of knobs. Specs are the same. Amazing guitars.

So it's the one that's in the pictures you've posted? And it has a Kahler FR?
The one I'm looking at is said to have a Schaller FR.

Latest posts

')