FS ESP Mirage DX 1987 [EU located]

• Thread starter 1b4n3z
  • Start date
  • Tags
    esp mirage
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: ESP Mirage Deluxe late '86 or early '87
Modifications (if any): 3-way switch, Duncan Hot Stack & Custom FS pickups
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Padded gigbag
Location (City,State or City,Country): Helsinki, Finland
International OK? : Yes
Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM preferred
References (eBay or other forum userid): Several deals here, high end guitars, dozens on local site Muusikoiden.net
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 700 EUR

I have a superb Mirage from the golden eighties here. By the original receipt this was purchased from a vendor in Munich in April '87.

It looks like a special order NY Series Mirage with a birdseye maple top and alder body. Possibly a one off, because I've never seen one quite like this anywhere else.

The top has faded considerably, from bright purple to a cool purple-yellow burst. The back side is still vivid purple. The only real spot of wear is on the back (pictured). Frets are great and have lots of life left. The set up is perfect and this guitar really sings. Like my ex-Mirage Custom it's a tone monster.

The front pickup is a Hot Stack and I put a customized Full Shred in the bridge. It's the TB full shred, with a big ceramic magnet and two rows of regular screws (for not quite as biting a treble). It's a unique combination and works great for just about everything.

Asking 700 for this piece of hair metal legacy, I can split the shipping fees inside EU.

377911.jpg
377912.jpg
377913.jpg
377914.jpg
377915.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Hey, any idea what kinda bridge is that?

Hi there, that's the early ESP Syn-clair (or sinclair etc) licensed Floyd. There are two types of these bridges and I have had both in my guitars. In the '87 catalog ESP calls them Synclear so it might be the official name: http://espguitars.co.jp/customer/download/catalog/1987/1987-14.jpg

They are very well made bridges, sturdy and seemly indestructible. All of mine have been ~ 30 years old and none of had shown dullness of blades or had any parts breaking on me. The sustain block even has a little screw built-in one can use to block the trem for pull-down mode only.

I have swapped FR Original in for a quick test and it fits just right - the trem posts are exactly the same amount apart as with the Floyd Rose, so that's always a possibility. The trem being non-recessed helps a lot. I personally think these Synclairs sound much better and they are lower profile as well, so it's possible to pull up and down.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Yeah non-recessed trem and the Deluxes are almost always bolt-on - as is the case here. Note, the Sinclair is a great trem that is at least as durable as the OFR and sounds way better. But an OFR derivative drops right in if needed, especially on these non-recessed mounts.

Rasmus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi
Did you sell sell this? If not I am buying.

Kind regards
Rasmus

Latest posts